Inova T4 vs. Pelican 7060 vs. Streamlight Stinger LED

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I having been searching here, but so far I haven't found what I am looking for. Is there any chance there is a site anywhere that specifically compares the Inova T4, Pelican 7060, and Streamlight Stinger LED to one another. Ideally, it would be neat if there was beamshots, etc. All three of those seem to be fairly common police lights and it would be interesting to see how they compare to one another.

eagle

Newly Enlightened
why you but them all and check it by yourself? them you may get the most correct answer.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I have the Pelican 7060 already, I use a Streamlight Stinger at work, and I have a new Inova T4 on order, so I just might be able to do that soon!

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did receive a brand new Inova T4 recently. A couple of night ago I was comparing the new Inova T4 to my Pelican 7060. I think from my perspective, the Inova T4 may out perform the 7060. As I was snooping around here a bit I ran across http://www.led-resource.com/2011/02/rechargeable-led-flashlight-reviews-and-comparison/ . At that site, like the title states, they do a rechargeable LED flashlight reviews and comparison. The chart points out that all three of those lights are very similar. The main differences I have found are:

-Inova is Cree XP-G, but the other two are Cree XR-E.

-Pelican 7060 is single mode only.

-Inova T4 has the highest listed output at 227 lumens.

-Inova T4 has the longest run time on high. It also has the longest run time on lowest setting.

-Streamlight Stinger still uses 3.6 V NiCd, but the other two use 3.7V Li-Ion.

-The Inova lists 500 cycles, but the Streamlight Stinger lists 1000. The chart doesn't show the number of cycles for the Inova, but I suspect it is similar to the Pelican at 500.

-The Stinger is the longest at 8.85 inches. The Pelican is in the middle at 8.65 inches. The Inova is a mere 8 inches.

-The weights is very close. The Stinger is the heaviest at 12.8 oz., Pelican is in the middle at 10.5 oz., and the Inova 9.07 oz.

-The longest charge time is the Pelican at 4-5 hours, the Inova shows 3 hours, and the Streamlight Stinger 2.5 hours. I will have to double check this, but I think that would be for the fast charger. I seem to recall that the slow charger takes considerably longer.

-Only the Inova has a glass lens.

-The body material varies from light to light. The Pelican is polymer with an aluminum heat sink. The Inova is type III anodized aluminum.

-The Pelican has head and tail switches. I think the Stinger can be purchased with single or dual switches. The Inova has just a switch on the head.

-Both the Pelican and Streamlight have lifetime warranties. The Inova has a 3 year warranty.

-Pricing is similar on all of these.

I point these differences out because I have a law enforcement background and I am on some forums where the topic of lights comes up from time to time. Knowing what I know now from my experiences with all of these and the above comparison, it will be a bit easier to recommend a light based on what features the user thinks is most important. As similar as these lights are to one another, they are certainly not identical. For example, if having a tail switch is critical, forget the Inova. If having a strobe is critical, forget the Pelican. If having a li-ion battery is critical, forget the Streamlight Stinger.

Last edited: