Zebralight SC80 CR123 XP-G R5 Beam Performance?

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would any owners of the Zebralight SC80 1xCR123/16340/AA XP-G R5 be able to tell us what the beam performance is like?
Especially how it compares to other popular CR123 flahslights like the HDS, Quark 123's, V10R's and RRT-0's?

82mm long by 24mm wide @ 55 grams in weight, and an industry standard 220 lumens for an XP-G.
On photo, it doesn't seem to be a bad CR123 size light.
It has a clever CR123/AA battery converter.

Is it true that it has only be recently released?
If so, I wonder why it is XP-G and not XM-L like the SC600?
Or is there an SC800 XM-L coming with 500 or so lumens???

sc80_main.jpg

SC80_standing.jpg

SC80BatteryAdaptor.jpg

SC80batterytube.jpg

Last edited:

blicero

Newly Enlightened
It uses XP-G because a reflector that small would have virtually no throw with a XM-L. The SC600 is already extremely small for a XM-L, any smaller and you might as well not be using a reflector. I seriously doubt there will be a "SC800".

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the first flashlight in a long time that really interest me. Finally something new. Finally, a real international backpacking light.

swan

Banned
Gday Peter, i have the h31 220lm which i edc. It looks to have the same led and reflector as the sc80. I terms of beam performance it has a large spill and hotspot with great color rendition\tint and with reasonable throw. I guess this light has shown me what a good tint should look like and the sc80 should be the same.

DanM

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight did a very good job combining the SC31 and the SC51 into one. The SC80 adds a little length and diameter to the light. After handling other
Zeberalights I was expecting more styling in the body, (some sort of taper) like all there other lights. At first I did not like the plain look, but now it feels good in the hand. The beam is very smooth, nice and wide with a bit of throw. Like all Zeberalights, built like a tank with a great UI. I cannot think on any other light out there that has a better way to use both AA and CR123 batteries. Every other light you have to add an extender of sorts to use AA batteries.
Very nice light, very well done.

DanM

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight did a very good job combining the SC31 and the SC51 into one. The SC80 adds a little length and diameter to the light. After handling other
Zeberalights I was expecting more styling in the body, (some sort of taper) like all there other lights. At first I did not like the plain look, but now it feels good in the hand. The beam is very smooth, nice and wide with a bit of throw. Like all Zeberalights, built like a tank with a great UI. I cannot think on any other light out there that has a better way to use both AA and CR123 batteries. Every other light you have to add an extender of sorts to use AA batteries.
Very nice light, very well done.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SC80w version should be released soon for those of you concerned about tint/CRI/etc.