hds rotary 200

goingyard

Newly Enlightened
I just received a hds rotary 200. It is a great light. It is the first one that I have owned. I was wondering if it is possible to take it apart? I just got my novatac 120t back and had it coated, I would love to send this one out to get coated as well. I can get the bezel off and I think that I can take some of the other stuff off, but I would like to hear from the people that might have already taken one apart. I look forward to hearing from some of the experts.

Bryan

Flucero28

Enlightened
Hello goingyard,

You would first need to start by scraping out the potting compound around the LED/PCB in the flashlight head. You then need to remove the screws securing and providing ground to the PCB, and de-solder the wire connections to the PCB. Then remove the PCB assemply. With some careful prying you should then be able to pull the driver assembly out from the bottom side of the light.

As for the tail section you will need to remove the rotary assembly giving you access to the micro switch. Mine has a fair amount of epoxy on the board so you would need to scrape that off, and De-Solder that PCB to remove it from the tail as well. Then remove the signal wire from inside the tube carefully. A LOT of work! Good luck.

Frank

goingyard

Newly Enlightened
Frank,

Thanks for the insite. it is not what I was hoping for but thanks. It sounds like a lot of work and I am going to pass. I would love to take a go at it but my luck I would mess it up.

Thanks

Bryan