Questions about Dereelight Warm XML P60 Module

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have one of these and can report anything about its beam profile, levels, tint, heat generation, etc.?

I just ordered a new Solarforce L2X host and am interested in one of these warm XML modules for it.

Any info would be appreciated.

dirtech

Enlightened
I have this pill in the DBS T. It's very warm, guestimate 2700k, with a perfect beam in my dbs with smo. Haven't run it very long yet but the head has gotten slightly warm. If someone doesn't come around before me, I'll stick the pill in a p60 reflector and get back to you tomorrow on beam profile and heat in a p60 host.

ETA- did it now and the profile is medium hotspot with bright wide corona and then a bit less bright spill. Overall pretty floody, but definately more throwy than a M91.

D
ont take this image as a true representation of tint only beam profile. Pic taken about 4 feet from wall.

Last edited:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!

I'm interested in a warm tint, or preferably a high CRI emitter with multiple modes. I'd be using it pretty much exclusively for outdoor activities, camping, hiking, caving, etc.

I'd love to have a Nailbender module for it, but I'm not sure I can afford one.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you considered the Lumens Factory High CRI XPG drop-in? Comes in both single mode and multi-mode flavors.

I've got the LF single mode drop in. BEAUTIFUL color, and more concentrated spot than my Malkoff HCRI. I did have to modify the ground spring quite a bit to get it to fit in the C3 though.

dirtech

Enlightened
I also have a couple of the lumens factory drop ins. They are very nice, not as warm as the warm xml from dereelight, which is good.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info everyone. I checked out the Lumens Factory high CRI drop in; Lighthound had the three mode version in stock at a good price, so I added it to my order of the L2X.

I live in California, but right now I'm working in Iowa, and there's been snow here for just over a week or so now. I'm excited about learning how to use snowshoes and getting out to do some snow hiking. I'm planning on using the L2X with the high CRI drop in for night hikes around the area through the snow, so I'm glad to hear the LF drop in is throwy; sounds like that will make it a good light to use for that.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Dereelight now has 4A XM-L available, T4 bin
that would be about a Med-Warm

You may have to ask for it in the checkout notes..