iTP A1 EOS

j.c.whitney

Newly Enlightened
Been using it about a week, for like $22 shipped it seems like a very decent flashlight. No tears will be shed nor any anguish expressed should it be lost, stolen, destroyed, or otherwise meet it's maker. Will it have a long life using a 16340 battery? Still want to get an IncenDio V3U or a Jet Beam or something with higher output but for my first CR123 light, no complaints. Now off to the battery/charger section for schooling on CR123, RCR123, 16340, chargers, etc.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
The A1 is a belting little light,throws out loads of light for the size of the thing,only downside which is experienced by many here it has a tendency to mode skip,quick clean generally sorts it,I am still on the same battery from well over a year ago,would I buy another if it got lost? = Yes.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had difficulty getting hold of the ITP A1 eos in the UK and found the Olight I1 EOS similar. Slight differences in the case as the Olight has a clip that is screwed on instead of clipped on like the ITP.
The olight is slightly more expensive as it includes a battery. I finally found it from a german supplier and noted the subtle differences.

j.c.whitney

Newly Enlightened
Considering some type of RCR123/16340/charger option for the A1 now. Almost pulled the trigger on some fancier CR123 offerings before the A1 was purchased but need to gain some experience with the battery platform before any more of that. Until this one it has been all AA and AAA flashlights running Alkalines. So lots of new things to learn and reading in front of me.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had difficulty getting hold of the ITP A1 eos in the UK and found the Olight I1 EOS similar. Slight differences in the case as the Olight has a clip that is screwed on instead of clipped on like the ITP.
The olight is slightly more expensive as it includes a battery. I finally found it from a german supplier and noted the subtle differences.

You should have had no trouble at all in getting an A1 in the UK,plenty on fleabay.Many of the US vendors on here post to the UK,usually hits your door mat in 5-10 days.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are right. - I didn't want it from flea bay as I didn't want to get stung on import duty and handling charges. Eventually got it from flea bay in Germany and it got here in 4 days.

jondotcom

Enlightened
You are right. - I didn't want it from flea bay as I didn't want to get stung on import duty and handling charges. Eventually got it from flea bay in Germany and it got here in 4 days.

Import duties don't seem to be an issue in the states. Asian countries subsidize the export cost and then our U.S. Postal Service carries it at a loss to anywhere in the country. Great, isn't it? :faint:
Considering some type of RCR123/16340/charger option for the A1 now. Almost pulled the trigger on some fancier CR123 offerings before the A1 was purchased but need to gain some experience with the battery platform before any more of that.
I'm also beginning to get into the CR123/16340 platform and decided to go straight to the 16340 to run in my A1. Based on the positive reviews, the A1 will probably your best bang-for-the-buck CR123/16340 light on a single cell.

Last edited:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried the light with a rechargeable RCR123 cell. It looks brighter than the standard CR123 cell with the extra 0.7v. Am I going to damage the LED due to the heat ?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast

You would have been ok on duties as the cost of the torch from the US is low anyway,I have never had an issue with buying many items from the US,with 3 hobbies on the go had about 500 purchases from the US.