EDC VS "Carry Every Day"

DWood

Newly Enlightened
Since I got my Zebra Light SC600w I have been carrying it every day when I work. It is a great utility light and I am enjoying it's versatility. It doesn't come close to being a tactical light for me, so when I get home, I swap it out for a Nova Tac 120T. The NT 120T is very tactical with a simple UI and momentary on, and is my carry light in conjunction with my CCW pistol.

Does anyone else carry every day a different light depending on the situation? I guess I have two CED lights, instead of one EDC light.

If so, what light?

Last edited:

varmint

Enlightened
Yes I do, daytime always my Microstream AAA and the Fenix E15 I got for my Bday (early present). My old SFG2 stays in my truck, its home. It did get 2 new 123's yesterday and a cleaning-lube. At night making my rounds I also take my TN11.

DWood

Newly Enlightened
varmint, do you swap the lights, or just carry the TN11 as an extra? I carry the ZL at work, where I am not allowed to carry a gun, and the Nova Tac while I am off and I do CCW. I carry one main light in a belt holster at all times, just different lights based on the situation.

Of course anyone living in a state or country with severe restrictions on firearms and CCW will have a different need than for "tactical" but the question still applies. Do you EDC different lights based on your needs during the day? It could be based on work days and non work days, or day carry vs night carry.

PS varmint lives in TX so firearm restrictions by the government are not an issue.

Last edited:

kreisler

Banned
EDC vs. CED --- interesting!
i am a budgeteer so that's what i carry:
"EDC" = out-of-home: 1x AAA premium keychain lights in rotation (Lumintop, Titanium, Stainless Steel)
"CED" = at home i leave my keychain on the desk and carry 1x AA high quality high functional lights in rotation (Xeno, Romisen, Quarks)

for very serious and heavy duty use, my #1 light is Eagletac T20 (with different dropin moduls, diffuser lens, Fenix diffuser tip, Gorillapod, and other fine accessories).

Bogie

Enlightened
I have 2 lights on me at all times a Gladius (XP-G Mod) and a Gerber Infinity, at work there is a G2 on my helmet and a Streamlight survivor on my coat.

varmint

Enlightened
Dwood::
Right on Texas and the laws here on firearms, everybody carries and very friendly, very good people. I just got back inside taking my German Shepherd out, I took my DerreLight from the giveaway, it sure throws very well. I plan on upgrading it after Christmas to 750 lumens and it will be perfect for me, with the throw the Derrelight has now it may equal or beat my TN11 with the new pill. I do rotate what few lights I have except my Microstream as it always goes. About the only time I really think on it is in the rain and thats often lately. I always have 2 in the rain, I have dropped them in puddles and had a SF G2 batteries die on me in sleet at 5am and my only backup then was a $2 junk led light, thats when I decided to wake up and get lit up! This time of year I always have a big coat on so carrying lights is no problem, I think I will start using a lanyard too, I just dont have a good one..