Luxeon III datasheet now available...

Streak

Enlightened
700mA 65 lumens and 1000mA 80 Lumen sounds quite mean!!
Specially compared to the "old" Luxeon 350mA 25 lumens.

Let the mods begin. Who will send me a drop in mod using one of these for a D cell maglite, all the way to the back end of nowhere?

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interest but....
I have an R2H Luxeon being driven at around 800+ mA (Madmax+) The stock output at 350mA is 40-51.8 lumens. If I go with the average 46 lumens, I am getting close. Say at 800mA it will put out double the lumens say around 90 or so...
Granted, the LSIII has larger lead wires to handle the current and uses the LSV heatsink so I give it a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif In reality, it sounds like a Q ranked 1 watter with thicker leads and better heatsinking to give you the numbers.
When they put out the U3T LSIII... I will be in line to buy one!

OddOne

Enlightened
The Lux 3s are 7 watts (7VDC @ 1A forward). Wonder if they're also dramatically overdriven parallelled-die rigs like the fives are...

oO

OddOne

Enlightened
Okay, I'm a retard. DIdn't see the rest of the spec sheet.

They're FOUR watters, 1A @ 3.9VDC typical.

oO

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where are the Lux 3 specs now? the link says they have been moved but doesn't specify where.

Alex

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
AlexGT said:
Where are the Lux 3 specs now? the link says they have been moved but doesn't specify where.

Alex

[/ QUOTE ]
Go here Lumileds datasheets and select the ones you want, DS45 and DS46 in this case. You don't have to register, you can click on "guest".

Latest posts