SF M3 + A19 = ? Bulb?

G45

Newly Enlightened
I hope someone can answer my question, if you add a A19 to the M3 - then what is the right bulb for the standard M3 head? - if even possible....

Thanks to the help from this forum, I was able to modify my 9P and get a 3" turbo + A19 + N62 to get a real "thrower".

How far can you take the A19 concept anyway? Could you add a A19 to the M4 to increase output?

Thanks

Thanks for the help.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The standard LAs for the M3 are the MN10 for 125 lumens and the MN11 for 225 lumens.

K-T

*Moderator*
The M3 is a 9V light and as Chop already mentioned correctly for the non-Turbohead variant (->M3) the MN10 and MN11 are the correct bulbs. If you add the A19 (which is only available in black!) and add one cell you'll have a 12V light and the bulbs mentioned above won't work, thus you'll need 12V (4-cell) LA's but these only work with a Turbohead. You'll need to get the KT4 Turbohead set to convert your M3 to an M3T, then get either the MN60, MN61 or maybe N62 for 225, 350 or even blasting 500 lumens. The N62 will only run for some 2-3 minutes before the cells shut down due to "thermal overheating", the MN60 and MN61 will be the better ones for longer use.

Summary:
your shopping list:
KT4
MN60 and/or MN61 and/or N62

Klaus.

P.S.: we should move this to "General lights"

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I am not aware of any bulb that would work in the standard M3 Bezel with 4 cells. Maybe someone else has been there?

The M4 with with five A19's and 6 AA NiMH batteries would run the KL2. Might run the new KL6 too.

I use three A19's on a 9P to run 4 AA NiMH or Alkaline batteries with KL3 LED Bezels. Also use the P60, N4 and N1 with 4 AA NiMH batteries. R30 runs on 2 NiMH batteries in the 9P. MN01 and KL1, on the UBH, run on 2 NiMH batteries.

I tried using A14's in the mix and found it only works on the old short body 3P and 6P. Two A14's are longer than 3 A19's and you would have to have a very short dummy cell (.25" or 6mm for each pair) if you use them on the newer 3P, 6P, and 9P. One A19 and two A14's on the old short body 6P works great. One more A19 on the old short body 3P works too. You can use rolled paper as a tube spacer to prevent battery rattle and keep them centered in the body.
oldgrandpajack

Kiessling

Flashaholic
M4 with FIVE A19's ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif ... you could leave your walking stick at home also ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
does that really work or will this combo break in halves due to the length?
bernhard

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
kiessling said:
M4 with FIVE A19's ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif ... you could leave your walking stick at home also ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
does that really work or will this combo break in halves due to the length?
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I forgot about the splint. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've actually run a KL3 on 6 AA batteries with a traffic cone on top. Shortened it down to 4 because I was afraid it might be considered to be a baton, which is classified as a weapon.
oldgrandpajack

K-T

*Moderator*
It would be interesting to measure the resistance that builds up by adding all the adapters, there will be some voltage loss for sure.
Lightlover once had the idea of building a set with a 3P and enough A19's to be able to have a flexible flashlight set and to be able to build the whole SF flashlight line. He later suggested as he was adviced by PK that using the 3P & three A19's to make a 12PM would not be that good as the resistance will suck lots of energy and thus the light won't be as bright as the original light (eg. 12PM). This seemed to be the problem with using multiple adapters, not one!

Klaus.