Scorpion question

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a scorpion and when I hold it in a tactical postion and push the tailswitch to turn it on, the rubber sleeve slides backwards a little at the same time. It keeps doing this each time until it is far enough back to impede switching it to steady on. I keep pushing the sleeve forward back to the original position to fix it.

Is this normal for a scorpion, or did mine not get glued at the factory or something?

arioch

Enlightened
Stingray:

I have had the same problem with my Scorpion.
frown.gif

However, it didn't start happening until I had been using the light for a few weeks.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think they are glued on. My guess is they got a little bit of silicon or whatever they use as lube. Try pulling off the rubber sleeve all the way, wipe the outside of the body with alcohol, turn the sleeve inside out, wash it with dishwashing detergent, let everything dry well and then reassemble.

Or you could call Streamlight tech support.

-john

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Note, while I have taken the sleeve off, I haven't cleaned it out like I describe. It might be that it would be difficult to get back on after being cleaned.

-john

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is why i don't like the scorpion and wouldn't use it for a tactical application. for about the same you can get a sf g2.

i really like streamlight's products except this one, just ask tombeis
grin.gif

kodiak

Enlightened
bluesigh.gif
I did not like my Scorpion because of the switch either. So I took the rubber sleeve off. I want to maybee thead the inside and some how screw in a sure fire like switch of some sort. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!!!
grin.gif

freewheelin'

Enlightened
Ipulled mine off, cleanedit and put a couple of drops of locktite on the body. Slid the rubber back on and never had another problem.
wink.gif

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll try cleaning it and maybe some loctite or glue.
I guess I'll just keep it under the seat of my bike and use it for a utility light.

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
Same things happen with Brinkman 2AA or 3AA i.e. with LI or LGI. I put some glue under the rubber.

- Vikas

Inverse Square

Newly Enlightened
I have a Scorpion with the factory installed clip. It has never slipped. It looks like the clip puts enough pressure to keep the rubber sleeve from moving.