Quark Mini AA durability. Can anything go wrong?

BIG45-70

Enlightened
I purchased a Ti Mini AA about 6 months ago and its a fantastic little light. The only thing I would change is adding a pocket clip. I was thinking about the durability of the light. I'm aware quark has an awesome warranty but its a pain sending in your EDC stuff. There's no mechanical switch and an LED last a very long time. Is there anything that can break on these lights?

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably the worst thing you could do to it would be to run it on a 14500 for too long and fry the emitter from the heat build up. There isn't a lot of mass in those little things to dissipate heat, and titanium isn't as good at dissipating heat as aluminum is, so if it were me, I wouldn't ever run a 14500 in it.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably the worst thing you could do to it would be to run it on a 14500 for too long and fry the emitter from the heat build up. There isn't a lot of mass in those little things to dissipate heat, and titanium isn't as good at dissipating heat as aluminum is, so if it were me, I wouldn't ever run a 14500 in it.

You could use it in bursts, also when it gets too hot, take out the backup or switch to a lower mode so the light wont heat up too much.

BIG45-70

Enlightened
running 14500 for me is a non-issue anyways. The only lithium AA's I have are the cheapies and they go in my cheap Chinese lights.

purelite

Enlightened
There is always something that can go wrong. A twisty is definitley more reliable than a little plastic clicky switch. I think what seems to happen from reading on the forums is these little twisties soometimes just stop working as in no light coming out the front so something in thoses cases is going on the little circuit boards. The LED though very rugged once mounted in the head of a light can still "break" also for no discernable reason. anything electronic still has soldered joints and such and can always be vulberable to shock damage or some such thing. I dropped my fenix LD15 yesterday on concrete. still works ok but who knows if a solder point is weakened now from the impact. "potting " the electronics in epoxy or something can help with this sort of thing but who knows who does this or not.

Hence always carry a backup of some sort even if it is just a keychain coincell light. 2 is 1 and 1 is none