What color flashlight to get for my mom?

captainbunch88

Newly Enlightened
Hi! I'm Chris. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am purchasing a Surefire G2X Pro for my mom. She lives on a large piece of land in the country, and I wanted to get her a dual-output light that she can use around the house/car as well as to see far into the distance while on her property.

As many of you know, the G2X Pro comes in 4 different colors: black, green, tan, and yellow. My question is, what color do you think is best suited for a 50-year old woman? Lol. I could see how the yellow would be best, as it would be easy to see in the dark. But I didn't know if bright yellow would be too obnoxious. She's by no means going blind, but I fear that a black or green one might get lost. Especially if she was outside in the dark and set it down somewhere. Her favorite color is red, so I can't do that. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi! I'm Chris. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am purchasing a Surefire G2X Pro for my mom. She lives on a large piece of land in the country, and I wanted to get her a dual-output light that she can use around the house/car as well as to see far into the distance while on her property.

As many of you know, the G2X Pro comes in 4 different colors: black, green, tan, and yellow. My question is, what color do you think is best suited for a 50-year old woman? Lol. I could see how the yellow would be best, as it would be easy to see in the dark. But I didn't know if bright yellow would be too obnoxious. She's by no means going blind, but I fear that a black or green one might get lost. Especially if she was outside in the dark and set it down somewhere. Her favorite color is red, so I can't do that. What are your thoughts?

OMG she is only 50,you are talking if she is going on 80,any colour will do and wrap it with a red ribbon.:shakehead

joe1512

Enlightened
Why would u get that particular light? Its 175 bucks which is ridiculous, and is only average performance at 200 lumens. Plus it uses CR123s which are not exactly easy to locate and cost a fortune. Even if you give her a box of them, they will get lost, misplaced, etc.

Never give specialty batteries to non-flashaholics.

You can save a fortune by getting a nice 2xAA light by 4sevens, or whatever. The Quark X is a 2xaa XM-L light for example.

Check the 2xAA roundup here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...nix-Nitecore-Olight-ITP-Eagletac-Jetbeam-Mag-...

Kind of outdated though.

Alternatively you can get her an olight keychain 1xAAA flashlight. You can get a pretty hot pink or blue or gold!
http://goinggear.com/flashlights/flashlights/olight-i3-eos-70-lumen-xp-g-aaa-led-flashlight.html

spumwuzzle

Newly Enlightened
Having myself dropped a couple of lights, I would go with the yellow. Alternatively, you might consider some type of lanyard in a bright color. I'm not sure when you have last braved the abyss of a woman's purse, but brightly colored things are easier to find.

spumwuzzle

GrnXnham

Enlightened
When I first read this I thought you were asking which tint to get.

Now I see that you were actually asking which color light to get.

Wow

sassaquin

Enlightened
If you want to get her a red Surefire, check out "Good Deals" in CPF Marketplace for details on a Surefire 6PX Pro 9/11 tribute light (red color) on sale much cheaper than a G2X. On sale through 12/31.

Edit - oops, re-read thread and just saw post #7 already recomended it.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
I suppose you could paint it puce, or heliotrope, or whatever her favorite color is; but there's a risk the paint might wear off on her clothes, if they aren't the same color.

captainbunch88

Newly Enlightened
I decided against the yellow and went with the red 9/11 Commemorative 6PX Pro that some of you suggested. Good price, and it looks like a sweet light. I think she'll like it very much.

Thanks everyone!

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
Seriously? What color???

You better believe it !!!!! Colour of any object is important to many, many women (sometimes more important than functionality).

Try this little experiment - ask a random sample of (non-car enthusiast) women to describe a car thay have recently seen. More than 2 out of 3 will tell you the colour of the car as one of the primary characteristics they remember.