Do any mini/pocket/EDC lights use a CR2 battery?

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
All this talk about AA vs AAA vs CR123A and so on, got me thinking. For a compact EDC or keychain light you want it as small as possible with maximum punch and run time.

Now I might be wrong, but isn't a CR2 just a smaller version of a CR123A? Packing 3v and similar mAh to a NiMh AAA?

Or is this a foolish idea best forgotten about? :sssh:

:thumbsup:

bltkmt

Enlightened
There are a few, though not as many as I would like. 4Sevens makes one. Nitecore used to...I just snagged a used one off of the marketplace. I believe you can get a Peak one.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a number of lights that use CR2 cells:

- Surefire Titan
- 4Sevens Quark Mini
- LiteFlux LF4
- Fireworm F01 Titanium

DaveG

Enlightened
I have a Coleman that was sold at Walmart some years back that runs on 2-CR2 cells.

Chidwack

Enlightened
Shiningbeam makes a C-mini that uses one CR123 for less than $30. They also have a light called the I-mini which comes with a spare body tube that allows you to use either one AA battery or one CR123 battery and costs less than $40.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I really like JiL Lite CR2 torches :)

EDIT: For customs, there is the Photon Fanatic Tasklight II ... and the Jets22 Goldbird.

Last edited:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try and get your hands on the Muyshondt Aeon, one of the best keychain lights ever made.
Solid constuction, simple 2-mode twisty (low/high), and very efficient driver.

Runtimes on this light with a CR2 put some CR123 lights to shame!

Kestrel

Flashaholic
The thing that may hurt the format is that there aren't that many choices for rechargeable CR2's. I like having topped-up cells (& guilt-free lumens) when I use my lights, and that pretty much means protected LiCo's, IMR's, or Eneloops for me - none of which are applied toward the not-as-common CR2 format these days AFAIK.

If I want to pocket a small light, 1xAAA is a whole 'nother level of smallness IMO, particularly since Eneloop AAA's are such a nice way to go.

burntoshine

Enlightened
i highly recommend the 4Sevens Quark MiNi CR2

Photo2086.jpg

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
What CR2 lights are there?

I just got a 4sevens MiNi CR2 and it is absolutely tiny. Are there any other CR2 lights? Maybe a 2 CR2 light, I think they would be a good size but I guess a 14500 light would be about the same.

Thread Merge - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts