can mag chargers be left on the charger indefinitely?

tenaciousj

Newly Enlightened
i am thinking about picking up a a mag charger with the Nicad battery pack and an wondering if there are any negative long term effects from leaving the light on the charger for long periods of time. is there any danger of over charging the battery and overheating, causing a fire or explosion?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
No real danger but you will probably have to replace the battery every year. Best to take it off the charger periodically and use it, for what ever reason, and then put it back on. A good axiom, use it or loose it, really applies to batteries, even car batteries.

Bill

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 Magchargers (converted to LED) on the chargers most of the time. No battery problems. I do use 'em from time to time. I think most batteries like to be used from time to time. That is especially true of NiCad batteries.

gorn

Enlightened
I've had a mag charger since they were first released. It sits in the charger all the time it isn't in use. It was my main patrol light for about 10 years. I've replaced the battery once and put an early led droping in it.