• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: McL4-BB600-R2H *SOLD*

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hello,

I have a modified KL4 head (only) that has a 1W HD (R2H) driven by a BadBoy 600. This head is for use with battery not exceeding about 3.7V. It is ideal on a single 123 cell.

I am asking $125 for this and that includes Priority Mail and PP fees. If you want this head, please post your claim here and E-mail your mailing address to me. Thanks

- Don

ufokillerz

Enlightened
Re: FS: McL4-BB600-R2H

This little sucker will beat out any KL1 upgrade out there!! In terms of throw, brightness, and whiteness.

yclo

Flashaholic*

KL4 coupled with a 1W HD could possibly be the best beam pattern out there!

[Edited for silly mistake]

McGizmo

Flashaholic

YC, I assume you mean the KL4 coupled with a 1W HD??? I must say that for pocketability, the KL4/E1(e) with a 1W HD is un matched for performance in its size. An increase in diameter of head with the McLux-PR will yield a tighter and more intense beam but this is at the expense of size.

Eurobeetle, thanks but no trades. Believe it or not, I actually have probably more flashlights than I need. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif What I do need is more cash so I can continue in my foolishness.....

I realize that the price for this mod is higher than a 5W stock KL4. However consider that I start with a perfectly good KL4 and then *fix* it by adding labor, a new driver and a new LED. Do the math yourself and you can see why the price is where it is. If you want a state of the art pocket wonder, a premium must be paid. Don't think I'm touting anything great here on my part; I'm not. All I've done is taken superior components and combined them in a manner that has *yet* to be done by a manufacturer.

- Don

Kiessling

Flashaholic

I'll take it ... can't resist ... your EVIL, Don!
you others, you had your chance, I could resist yesterday, but now my brain had the main switch deactivated and the addiciton rulez !
paypal sent
bernhard

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Bernhard,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OK, it's yours! It will be in its own incoming package. I will drop off two packages today at the post office. I wonder what the clerks think of all these *gifts* I keep sending around the world?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I am sure that the custom office at Fulda (my home town) has a huge file with your name on it ...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

yclo

Flashaholic*
Sorry, my mistake with the KL#.. Post edited..

[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
....I wonder what the clerks think of all these *gifts* I keep sending around the world??...

[/ QUOTE ]

Second that, I just dropped off some on Monday. The lady looked and said "Been busy on the weekend?".....

-YC

Catdaddy

Enlightened
Don,
What is the difference in this unit and the "Downboy" in the head I just bought from you?

BTW, mine came today, safe and sound, ... a very nice beam!
Thanks,
John

ufokillerz

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Catdaddy said:
Don,
What is the difference in this unit and the "Downboy" in the head I just bought from you?

BTW, mine came today, safe and sound, ... a very nice beam!
Thanks,
John

[/ QUOTE ]

This one runs on 1 cell =) E1E bodies or McLux 1cell tail packs

McGizmo

Flashaholic
John,

Yours runs on 3 volts but is underdriven and not nearly as bright as it is on 6,9 or 12 volts. The BB600 is as bright on 3 volts as yours is on 6 volts. The BB600 though is limited to single cell operation wheras yours isn't.

- Don

EDIT: now UFO-K is getting one with a wizard so it will run on anything including swamp gas probably. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif It is not as efficient as either the DB or the BB.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
ufokillerz said:
This little sucker will beat out any KL1 upgrade out there!! In terms of throw, brightness, and whiteness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beam shots?

I'd like to get a cheap source for KL4's for modding. I've been dying to do one but my KL4's have nice white and bright LED's--would be a real waste to mod those. Wished Surefire sold seconds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CM

HunterSon

Enlightened

Don if you decide to make any more of these I'll be in for one. I'll even supply the KL4 head and a 3 watt led (when Electrolumens ships them) if you would like to try that.
Dave

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hunterson,

Good chance I will have been there and done that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif First thing to try is just a swap out of LED on a single 1x123 but I think the right program will be a DB700 or DB1000 on 2x123. Time will tell............. Who's kidding who here? DB1000 on 2x123 is FIRST thing to try! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Who's kidding who here? DB1000 on 2x123 is FIRST thing to try!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

My Paypal account is cocked and locked!

BC