Jetbeam PC10 video review

Snareman

Enlightened
Here is my video review of the PC10. I made 2 of them. I made a longer, more opinionated review and then realized that not everyone wants to watch a 20 minute flashlight review, so I also made a shorter one for those with ADD. :)

I really wanted to like this light as the perfect EDC-Tactical light. It does have a lot of great features, but in the end I think I'm going to return it.

Long version

Shorter video

kreisler

Banned
Best review i've watched in ages. Brilliant. Thanks a lot for your efforts and sharing insightful critical thoughts.

The light surely looks beautiful, sophisticated, expensive and top quality built (comparable to Sunawayman designs). You know, all the things you've been looking for .. you can find them in a 4Sevens Quark Tactical (AA Tactical, 123 Tactical), incl. the low riding pocket clip.

Your Jetbeam is hell of an expensive looking light .. but if EDC functionality (with tactical ping pang) matters most, then the PC10 might not do it.

What about the tint? (greenish?, you like it?)

Do you own some Quark? :)

funny. on the box, they called it TATICAL. haha

Last edited:

Snareman

Enlightened
Best review i've watched in ages. Brilliant. Thanks a lot for your efforts and sharing insightful critical thoughts.

The light surely looks beautiful, sophisticated, expensive and top quality built (comparable to Sunawayman designs). You know, all the things you've been looking for .. you can find them in a 4Sevens Quark Tactical (AA Tactical, 123 Tactical), incl. the low riding pocket clip.

Your Jetbeam is hell of an expensive looking light .. but if EDC functionality (with tactical ping pang) matters most, then the PC10 might not do it.

What about the tint? (greenish?, you like it?)

Do you own some Quark? :)

funny. on the box, they called it TATICAL. haha

I didn't even realize TATICAL on the box!! LOL

Glad you enjoyed the review. To my eye (and I'm no tint expert) it seems to look a hint on the yellow side.

I have looked at the Quark 123 Tactical a lot. But, the pocket clip is still in the middle, still have an inch of the light sticking out of your pocket and I don't like head up carry (could I be more picky?). I keep trying to talk myself into one of them, but just can't.

Where are you in Deutschland btw? I picked up my last two cars in München. :)

Last edited:

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened
thank you for the review snareman.. it puts a few things into perspective that otherwise i wouldn't even notice.

Snareman

Enlightened
Snareman, I think you can have the Quark Tactical head down with the deep carry clip on it http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297_304&products_id=2577 look at the Images section of that page

Hmm... interesting! Thanks for the link! So, with the Quark 123 Tactical, do you take the tailcap off, put the clip on the inside with it sticking out and then put the tail cap back on? That's sorts of what it looks like in the pics.

EDIT: I just called 4Sevens. They say that the deep carry clip can't be put on the Quark123 tactical. It either comes with or without clip and the clip is part of the body. The 2 battery version is a little big for my pocket for EDC.

Last edited:

kreisler

Banned
They say that the deep carry clip can't be put on the Quark123 tactical.
hmm. with the QuarkAA's it works fine, see my other post. you insist on CR123's, huh?

i really enjoy my 14500's. very bright and really good runtimes. the perfect feed by flashaholics.
(München.. i luv that city. Deutscheland is small .. so i live close by anyway haha)

i am new to Quarks btw and growing fond of them. Smaller than the Jetbeam, light-weight, versatile (accessories!, lego parts), and professional clip. very functional light. Anyway, this thread's topic is Jetbeam ;)

Last edited:

Danjojo

Newly Enlightened
ahhh makes sense. I pocket carry the 1" head, .8" body, 5.1" length EagleTac P20C2 every day :) - 123x2 Quark would seem tiny. For me I actually like some of the light (or a folding knife) sticking out of the pocket to draw it securely & speedy, shorter length than 5" will barely protrude from my hand even without gloves unless it is a very thick light.

mudcamper

Newly Enlightened
I have a question about the modes when using an RCR123 battery rather than a CR123.

The Jetbeam PA10 (yes a different light, which run either a 14500 battery or a AA) has an unfortunate feature that if you use the 14500 battery, then you only get turbo mode (which for that light is 650 lumens). You cannot cycle through the other brightness modes unless you switch to an AA battery.

I was wondering if the PC10 works the same way. When it is being powered by a rechargeable battery (in this case the RCR123) does it only run at it's turbo mode of 550 lumens? Or can you cycle through the various lower brightnesses?

TMCGLASSON36

Newly Enlightened
I love the QUARK 123 for EDC. I had the same problem no clip,so this is what I did . I added a nitecore EX11 clip and it is perfect. I also put the same clip on my MINI AA. Just for your enjoyment. Very nice review!!
2011-12-14_19-26-03_234.jpg

2011-11-19_19-06-04_199.jpg

Last edited:

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened
Glad you found it useful. What did it help you realize? Just curious.

you know the intricate workmanship, the tactical look, and the packaging are great selling tools.
but if the device is not as practical and the power output is not really as advertised. i should really stick to tried and tested lights by cpfers.

i am not attracted to the zl sc600 whatsoever, i would rather choose something along the lines of a pc10. but, if i don't like the looks of one that's a forum favorite, and the one i like is getting not so great reviews.
i think i should just keep looking then.

cbthedookie

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought a pc10, and just put an rcr123 in it tonight. All modes are accessible.

I haven't watched this review yet, but I'm liking the light so far. I've refrained from the Quark tacticals as I want to have access to other modes more easily; however I miss the momentary on in my regular Quarks. The PC10 interface provides a bit of middle ground.

Regarding tint, mine is relatively white (cool). It is much less blue/green (and possibly brighter) than my EagleTac d25lc2, but (as you would expect...) not close to the neutral tint of my sc51w.

Snareman

Enlightened
I have a question about the modes when using an RCR123 battery rather than a CR123.

The Jetbeam PA10 (yes a different light, which run either a 14500 battery or a AA) has an unfortunate feature that if you use the 14500 battery, then you only get turbo mode (which for that light is 650 lumens). You cannot cycle through the other brightness modes unless you switch to an AA battery.

I was wondering if the PC10 works the same way. When it is being powered by a rechargeable battery (in this case the RCR123) does it only run at it's turbo mode of 550 lumens? Or can you cycle through the various lower brightnesses?

I don't have a RCR to try it with, but hopefully someone else can chime in.

EDIT: Thankfully cbthedookie chimed in. :)

Last edited:

Snareman

Enlightened
you know the intricate workmanship, the tactical look, and the packaging are great selling tools.
but if the device is not as practical and the power output is not really as advertised. i should really stick to tried and tested lights by cpfers.

i am not attracted to the zl sc600 whatsoever, i would rather choose something along the lines of a pc10. but, if i don't like the looks of one that's a forum favorite, and the one i like is getting not so great reviews.
i think i should just keep looking then.

Yea, I have a ZL and really just don't care for the UI. Its a little too finicky and comes on too easy in my pocket. Actually even comes on with just touching it with some static on your hands. Check out my Zl vid. Its pretty funny.

Snareman

Enlightened
I love the QUARK 123 for EDC. I had the same problem no clip,so this is what I did . I added a nitecore EX11 clip and it is perfect. I also put the same clip on my MINI AA. Just for your enjoyment. Very nice review!!

That's pretty interesting with those clips! Thanks for the pics!

lautamas

Newly Enlightened
I havent seen such a high quality video in such details reviews for such a long time. Very nice video. I really hope you wont be tired enough to contribute it using the video rather than writings. Again, thank you for the hard work. back to the products...From PA10, PC10 and PA40, Jetbeam has failed miserably in pretty much every aspect. PA40 has its low bat indicator problem. Both PA10 and PC10 has its own problems as mentioned above. Frankly said, P series look really nice both on papers and in pictures. However, in practical testing, they are not close to other matured and well-tought products. Again, really love the review...

Snareman

Enlightened
I havent seen such a high quality video in such details reviews for such a long time. Very nice video. I really hope you wont be tired enough to contribute it using the video rather than writings. Again, thank you for the hard work. back to the products...From PA10, PC10 and PA40, Jetbeam has failed miserably in pretty much every aspect. PA40 has its low bat indicator problem. Both PA10 and PC10 has its own problems as mentioned above. Frankly said, P series look really nice both on papers and in pictures. However, in practical testing, they are not close to other matured and well-tought products. Again, really love the review...

Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm glad you found the video useful. In my mind, the light definitely has a lot of short comings and is going back to BatteryJunction, less the 15% restocking fee (argh!). I have a Sunwayman that should be here tomorrow from Amazon. Hopefully I'll have better luck with that one.

mudcamper

Newly Enlightened
I don't have a RCR to try it with, but hopefully someone else can chime in.

EDIT: Thankfully cbthedookie chimed in. :)

Well I contacted JetBeam support, and they got back to me and said that the light might not allow different modes when using an RCR123. Kind of odd that they are so unspecific. I wonder what the issue is.

Here's the email from them. It's slightly broken English.

And yes, same problem might occurs.The PC10 might not be selected functions in user-defined mode when using one RCR123 battery. It's written on the operation manual, warning 2. Please feel free to contact me for more informations. Thanks. Best regards, Service Center

He mentions the "same problem" because I had asked about the PA10 in an earlier email and they verified that it has this problem.

BTW, here is "Warning 2" from the PC10 manual, again, fairly broken English:

2. The PC10 might not be selected functions in User-defined mode when using one RCR123 battery.