Modules for Solarforce L2P

jnug

Newly Enlightened
I am very late to this party I know. I really just discovered the world of LED flashlight upgrade and modificaition. When I first did some searches here I found modules from folks like Kerberos0023 and thought this would be fun to do. However the Kerberos0023 threads while not being all that long, have been kind of inactive for a few months.

Do you guys know if there are more folks participating here that are building modules like those that he had been building for the Solarforce L2P host?

Searches have so far only yielded an occasional end user like myself selling one of the Kerberos0023 modules.

Thanks

PhillyRube

Enlightened
Check vinhnguyen54. He was selling some hi powered modules to fit the L2P (I built 3).

mbreckner

Newly Enlightened
I have both malkoffs and nailbenders and you can't go wrong with either one, it just depends on what you want the light to do. Also I just ordered two drop ins from vinhnguyen54 and I expect they will be outstanding as well! If you posted more specifically what you want it would be easier to point you in the right direction.

jnug

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for responding to what must sound like and definitely is a bunch of dead newbie questions.

I am using a single 18560 rechargeable battery so that at least defines the power source and an L2P host.

I guess from what a newbie could glean, the Kerberos0023 being a triple LED must put up something like a wall of light with limited throw I would guess and I will probably try to get one somewhere along the way. Since you guys were kind enough to point me in the right directions I have at least now been able to look at options (actually I think some of the site protective measures were preventing me as a new member for completing searches). Not a problem...just an observation.

Anyway those custom drop ins provided by some of the other suppliers seem to be more efforts to provide greater throw or greater throw with more natural color or throw and a specific color variant as they are more single LED's + reflector. All that is neat stuff as well presuming I am understanding what is actually going on between a triple with the LED's out by the lens vs a single LED back down he reflector correctly. So I guess I would opt for greater throw on the one hand. It looks like the providers go out of their way to try to help you understand the color variants so I guess I would pick one or two and see what happens. If I am off base (highly likely) feel free to straighten me out. I am here to learn and enjoy what options are available. I will probably stick with variants that will work with a single 18560 just to keep from confusing the heck out of myself. I have a number of LED flashlights that use either 1 or 2 CR123 batteries. I have a Surefire E2D, a Filex TK11, an Extreambeam XT8, an Olight T20, and an Extreambeam SX21R that sits in the door bin of my car feeling neglected I am sure. This Solarforce L2P is my first effort at owning a "host" and changing out modules and other accessories around it. I hope this is even a relevant answer to the question of what I might be looking for. Thanks again for your help folks.

Forgot to add that in most cases I would be trying to get 3 mode modules as opposed to 1 or 2 mode modules for these customs.

Last edited:

Latest posts