Lighthound vs. Malkoff

Southpaw3612

Newly Enlightened
I replaced me Surefire 6P with an Olight M20 Warrior some time ago. I've been reading up on drop-ins for my old 6P. I see the Lighthoud claims 340 lumens while Malkoff claims 260. I'm looking for advice on which would throw farther. I work on the yard at the prison here which has decent stadium lighting. My Olight is able to throw the distance of the yard to get inmates attention. Which drop-in would give me the best throw to do this as well? Thank you in advance.

Southpaw3612

Newly Enlightened
I decided on the lighthound. The price of the malkoff is just a little more than I want to spend right now to bring the ol SF back to life. However, if the lighthound wont throw far enough through the amount of light we have on the yard, I might just have to spend the extra cash.

Southpaw3612

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. Ill definitely check it out. Cant wait for the lighthound to get here. May even pick up a solarforce a try one of the above modules

troika

Newly Enlightened
What kind of battery run-time can you expect from 2xCR123 like (my 6P)?

Malkoff publishes their run times, but no one else seems to, so I'm not sure how to compare.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Malkoff publishes their run times, but no one else seems to, so I'm not sure how to compare.
FWIW, many folks here have experienced Malkoff runtimes significantly in excess of the offical values, it seems like the posted runtimes are understated and should be considered to be the minimum that can be expected.

The most extreme example would be the official ~8 hour 2xCR123 runtime for the Malkoff M60LL, we have seen runtime graphs posted here of this module delivering 18 hours of flat, regulated runtime. :thumbsup: