First flashlight build need help

Ham549

Newly Enlightened
I want to make something that runs around 1000lm. I was thinking of useing XMLAWT 1000-Lumen LED Emitter White Light Bulb (3.0~3.5V) from DX and house it in a Ultrafire Flashlight Aluminum Alloy Casing/Shell/Housing with Strap - Black (also from DX) but I don't know what kind of reflector or driver I should use? Any Thoughts.

yazovyet

Enlightened
scrolling down on that dx page (for the housing) theres a comments/questions thing where some one asked about it. in there someone says it takes 26.5mm drop ins so i'd think most 26.5mm reflectors woudl work. similarly a 17mm driver shoudl fit, if you want the most light out of the led then i'd liike for 2.8 or 3 amps. you'd also need a heat sink to put the emitter on, theres a lot of heat when you run currents that high.

now, this is all guess work based on those posts, i don't have that light or anything. what size batteries do you plan to use?

moderator007

Enlightened
Ultrafire Flashlight Aluminum Alloy Casing/Shell/Housing with Strap - Black (also from DX)
Is the light you are refering to sku 106127 with the gun mount. If it is then description says it a WF-501B.
With 2 16340 li-ions this module should work sku 58481.
If using 1 18650 then this module should work sku 55025. Under driven but should be bright enough and reliable. Sku 55025 could be modified by replacing the driver with a 8-amc7135 2800ma board. Any of the 26.5mm drop in's should work.
The whole light can be bought at lightmalls (sku M0047) with a xml u2 bin led for almost the price of the drop in at dx. There are just too many options to list for this light. It will depend greatly on battery or batteries used, output lumens, runtime and type of beam (flood or throw or a combination of both) that you are looking for. A little more info would be helpful.