Smith & Wesson flashlights

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Smith & Wesson flashlights

ACFAFA.jpg

I'm not super impressed. The Galaxy LED lights appear Asian in origin. The tail cap appears similar to a Dorcy that I have and it's not waterproof, but it would probably be okay for a short while in the rain. The tail cap does have an O-ring, but the seal is broken whenever you press the switch.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

MXDan

Newly Enlightened
Based on the quality of their blades (I have two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif), I would not encourage anyone to get one of their lights if they've already handled something as quality as a Surefire. Their blades are made out of country, don't remember what mine said. I can not officially say for their lights however, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The Galaxy is pretty pitiful. About 30 minutes after I bought it, it fell into a dog water dish. It took a looong time before it got dry enough to work properly again!

I have 3D and a 2AA Aluminum S&W lights. The 2AA is pretty good, if you prefer a click switch to a twist switch. It is similar in output to a MiniM*g (but I think it is brighter and better quality of light.

My 3D has 4C in it, and did have an MR11 in a PR adapter run by 6x123 (but I wanted to save the batts!). With 4C and some Writeright it is a pretty decent light.