savumaki

Enlightened
Why is it that members will not include a location???

There are many occasions when questions are asked of the forum that include the comment 'here' (indicating the location) and then the response will be, well, where is here? A battery life question asked in Feb for my location will illicit a different response than one for Australia for the same point in time.

The location can be as general as your province / state /region but it will provide a starting point for a responder. A case in point would the location of an item for sale/trade; If I see an item I like but its in an area that requires special handing and/or customs I put far less effort in purchasing or trade.

My apologies if this sounds like a whine but I do like to know a little about the person being contacted/responded to.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some people prefer to remain more than just nameless.

I guess The great white north of Canada keeps some of the loonies away, so we don't need to worry as much (just a baseless speculation without foundation or any research put into it)

naked2

Enlightened
Ken, do you believe I'm compromising my privacy by revealing I'm from Upland, CA?

BTW, do you live in Florida; maybe in the Jacksonville area?

Last edited: