Is the Sunwayman v10r ti2 saga over now?

aau007

Enlightened
So do we now think all US Sunwayman distributors / dealers are now totally out of the ti2 and won't be receiving more?

I wonder how many in total are shipped to the US.

Who has already received their light? Should we start a ownership numbering event?

aau007

Enlightened
I saw in another thread that someone got 89/89 on the gold. Curious who's the lucky guy who got 1/89 on gold and 1/109 on black or 109/109 on black.

Then Sunwayman said total 190. What happens to the remaining 2?

BarryH,
When you went to pick up, did they let you choose a number you like?

BarryH

Enlightened
BarryH,
When you went to pick up, did they let you choose a number you like?

They had already boxed and shipped the others. Mine was packed in a USPS box but I called asked them to hold it for me. It is the number 59/89 of the Gold.

aau007

Enlightened
Since Sunwayman setup this light as a "collector's item", I wish they would have setup a registry so these lights are traceable and we would know who are the first owner of thses lights.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw in another thread that someone got 89/89 on the gold. Curious who's the lucky guy who got 1/89 on gold and 1/109 on black or 109/109 on black.
There is no number 109 on the black ones, the black ones ends at 99!!! 99 + 89 = 188

Then Sunwayman said total 190. What happens to the remaining 2?
Maybe SWM began counting @ zero :D

houtex

Enlightened
It will not end for me till mine is in my hands.

Also, I saw a pic floating around of " XX / 89 ". Engraved just like that. hmmmm

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, I saw a pic floating around of " XX / 89 ". Engraved just like that. hmmmm
The Gold / Yellow one count up to 89 the black one count to 99. In total 188 lights, so there are still two missing. Maybe there is a "0 / 99" in black and a "0 / 89" in gold / yellow in the Sunwayman archives....?

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will not end for me till mine is in my hands.

I saw that picture as well, or maybe one like it. However, on the one that I saw, you could look close and see that the photo had been edited. The old number had been blurred out with a color swatch from the body of the light, and the "XX" had been typed in over it, I guess because whoever took the picture didn't want to show their number to the whole world. Not too bad a job of editing, but they didn't spend too much time on it, so you could still tell it was edited.

I think the photo I saw was on a review done in some language other than english (maybe german?), is that possibly the same one that you saw?

Lou Maan

Newly Enlightened
Ok my maths ain't that good but let's get this straight. If there are 99 black and 89 Gold, then there are 188 total. Number 8 is the lucky number in China so 188 makes sense. 89 is a good number too because 8+9=17. 1+7 make 8. Well if there are 188 total, where are the number 1's? Have you read the thread on amateur photos sunwayman in cpf marketplace? Well, seems like Mr Sunwayman likes to keep the #1's for himself. I'm just saying. So really you have 186 available worldwide.

Ever notice all Sunwayman flashlights are 438 lumens, 788 lumens, the V10R has 8 notches on the side? Number 8 baby! The 2008 Summer Olympics opening ceremony was held at the Beijing National Stadium, also known as the Bird's Nest. It began at 8:00 pm China Standard Time (UTC+8) on August 8, 2008, as 8 is considered to be a lucky number.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Summer_Olympics_opening_ceremony#cite_note-0http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Summer_Olympics_opening_ceremony#cite_note-1http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Summer_Olympics_opening_ceremony#cite_note-2http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Summer_Olympics_opening_ceremony#cite_note-OpeningCeremonyPlan-3http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Summer_Olympics_opening_ceremony#cite_note-4The number 8http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Summer_Olympics_opening_ceremony#cite_note-Eight-5 is associated with prosperity and confidence in Chinese culture.

aau007

Enlightened
Ok my maths ain't that good but let's get this straight. If there are 99 black and 89 Gold, then there are 188 total. Number 8 is the lucky number in China so 188 makes sense. 89 is a good number too because 8+9=17. 1+7 make 8. Well if there are 188 total, where are the number 1's? Have you read the thread on amateur photos sunwayman in cpf marketplace? Well, seems like Mr Sunwayman likes to keep the #1's for himself. I'm just saying. So really you have 186 available worldwide.

Ever notice all Sunwayman flashlights are 438 lumens, 788 lumens, the V10R has 8 notches on the side? Number 8 baby! The 2008 Summer Olympics opening ceremony was held at the Beijing National Stadium, also known as the Bird's Nest. It began at 8:00 pm China Standard Time (UTC+8) on August 8, 2008, as 8 is considered to be a lucky number.The number 8 is associated with prosperity and confidence in Chinese culture.

But everywhere I look, I keep seeing 190 available worldwide. Therefore, there are 2 lights that are missing curiously.

aau007

Enlightened
You quoted me but are you sure you read that?
I think I read you correctly. You said there were 188 total but I read all the advertising and everywhere I read said 190 worldwide. Gold color: 1 to 89, that's 89 of them. Black color: 1 to 99, that's 99 of them. 89+99=188, no? Ads said 190. Where is the other 2?

What part am I not getting?

Lou Maan

Newly Enlightened
I think I read you correctly. You said there were 188 total but I read all the advertising and everywhere I read said 190 worldwide. Gold color: 1 to 89, that's 89 of them. Black color: 1 to 99, that's 99 of them. 89+99=188, no? Ads said 190. Where is the other 2?

What part am I not getting?
Ok ok I see what you're saying. But where did you see that advertising? Did SWM actually say/write that? (BTW I'm saying they don't exist but yes, if they said that, then they should be accountable to you (and the rest of the public;)). But the only place I saw that written is on the retailers' websites, NOT on the SWM site! So are they really responsible for the 2 ghost lights?

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
... So are they really responsible for the 2 ghost lights?

2q172th.jpg