R.I.P. Christopher Hitchens

USACelt

Newly Enlightened
The world lost a great think, auther and critic today. He noted for numerous books and articles dealing with many social issues. He came to the worlds attention after writing his book, "God Isn't Great". A man not afraid to speak his mind or live life to its fullest. The world will be a lesser place with his passing.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I was thinking of starting an RIP thread for Hitch, but I had a suspicion that it wouldn't remain open long. I'll pay my respects none the less.

Imon

Enlightened
I was thinking of starting an RIP thread for Hitch, but I had a suspicion that it wouldn't remain open long. I'll pay my respects none the less.
I don't think he was ever really that famous. Maybe 3 years ago but people have short memories.

Anyways I'll drink some hard liquor and smoke a cigar in his honor.

alexus16

Newly Enlightened
Respected journalist, best-selling author and public intellectual Christopher Hitchens has died from Stage 4 Esophageal Cancer, reports Vanity Fair. The 62-year-old Hitchens, who was an observed atheist, perished Thurs at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. He is survived by wife Carol Blue and kids Alexander, Sophia and Antonia, the first two by ex-wife Eleni Meleagrou. Article source: Journalist and public intellectual Christopher Hitchens, 62, dies

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think he was ever really that famous. Maybe 3 years ago but people have short memories.

Not sure I ever heard of him to forget him. Sounds like it's worth looking into some of what he wrote ...as opposed to most of the swill I ignore in popular culture. Sometimes you throw miss the gemstones while trying to avoid the next Jersey Shore and Justin Bieber. Thanks for posting Celt.

Being a Christian, I've heard of Mr. Hitchens, but haven't until recently became familiar with his work. YouTube has a good selection of debates in which Mr. Hitchens participated. Watching one yesterday for a little over two hours, I found Hitch to be a pleasure to observe. The debate was at Biola University in California. Biola is a Christian school so the audience was mostly comprised of those who believe in God. You could tell how much they appreciated Mr. Hitchens, I think due to his graciousness, courage,and honesty by the way they applauded him. His wit, and honesty were truly rare.

~Chance :candle:

Last edited:

Aussie hunter

Newly Enlightened
It's good being in the company of like minded people. Flashlights and the tech that goes with them seems to bring the logic out in people and it's this logic that will live on from the legacy that Hitchens created.
Long live logic and critical thinking.