New Streamlight Stylus Pro 2AAA run time graph compared with others

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you remember the River Rock 2AAA lights from Target for $10 that were fairly popular a few years back? Well, I got one for each of my kids and my wife and they have all been replaced now with the new Streamlight Stylus Pro which has the C4 LED. For around $20 this is a pretty decent light and I rather like it. It has a good white beam too. The only thing that maybe bugs me is the stiff tail switch but I can get over that.

So I did a run time test using 2 freshly charged Eneloop batteries and run time was 6 1/2 hours. Note that the efficiency is about twice that of the River Rock and even greater than the older River Rocks.

I also showed a couple of other single AAA lights that I happen to have as a comparison. Since the Olight i3 and the Microstream are single cell lights you can interpolate the chart by multiplying the run time by 2 to compare efficiency with the Stylus Pro. Still it looks like the Stylus Pro wins the efficiency contest with these lights that I have. Keep in mind the Microstream is an older version of a few years back and the newer ones come with the C4 LED.

Last edited:

T45

Enlightened
Thanks for the graph! Now I have a "mathematically proven" reason to get another Streamlight Stylus Pro. Hopefully, Streamlight will redesign the tail switch soon.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
.................. Hopefully, Streamlight will redesign the tail switch soon.

Ya. That would be very good. I find that I hold the light with my left hand and then push the button straight in with the thumb on my right hand to turn on. Holding the light with just one hand with the thumb bent over the tail switch is rather difficult...........the switch is that hard to turn on! Women and children with smaller hands are not going to be able to turn this light on with one hand.

The switch on my older Microstream was kind of hard to press but this Stylus Pro is even harder. Still I like the light and will deal with it as I don't think it is a reliability issue. The momentary-on part of the switch works just fine with one handed operation.