KL1/R2H - anyone recognize their handywork?

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm trying to find out what's inside this mod. Anyone recognize it?

KL1-R2H.jpg

Sonic

Newly Enlightened
Maybe some more information might help. Or maybe some beam shots and lux readings? Just going off of the picture, it looks like a KL1 w/ a sticker on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd figure that an R2H is in there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry, just couldn't resist. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Do you have another KL1 with a high dome to compare it too? If it's overdriven and appears to be stock other than the LED, that might narrow it down.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't ya just love these wisecracks? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, do you know if it's overdriven? Can you PM me where you got it from? It could be one of my long lost children /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CM

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
CM,
It sounds like you might have a few of those around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
Hmm, that *could* be my hand writing... Is that a piece of paper stuck with double sided tape (me) or just a sticker (not me)?

Where'd you get it from?

-YC

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured I'd get some smart comments. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

I got this from Mindstretch. It really kicks ***, on a 2x123 it makes my Arc LSH look slightly dim and the hot spot can be seen in the hot spot of my L4 if I move it around a bit. It has a stock NX-05 and there's not a scratch on it, so whoever did the mod was very careful. It also seems that it was re-sealed with black loctite, but I can't be sure of that. It does also look like the label is paper on double stick tape. The S/N on the KL1 is A00211. I'm guessing from the low s/n that it was a very purple LED and was begging for a mod.

Maybe I can get a better shot since the pic I took last night was in the dark only lit by my McLux.

yclo

Flashaholic*
Ah, then it is one of my babies.. Modded one for Mindstretch back in August. I can't believe the sticker is still on there!

The bezel ring is not loctited on, but I'd suggest that you leave it along unless you feel like centering the optics again. Believe me, and CM & Chop can probably agree that centering is a PITA!

Have fun with it!

-YC

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just makin' sure, I'm going to drop a Q3J into a KL1 and wanted to have some sort of comparison.

THANKS!!!

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
yclo,
I'm with you on the centering thing. Once I get one centers, I loctite that sucker. Don't need to be doing it again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saved from another paternity suit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif YC is the daddy!

CM