Need help with my new Surefire G2X Pro!

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there.

First of all, there is some kind of problem with the Search options. I know my problem is not new here, but I searched using the search tool but I couldn´t find all those threads about G2X malfunctions.

Well, I just received my new Surefire light, a G2X Pro!

I love it! It´s smaller than I thought, more powerful than I thought and it´s tint is perfect! Cool white with no sign of greenish or purpleish! I love the color (black) and the design too.

It has a nitrolon body. It´s my first polymer flashlight (that´s why I bought it). It´s also my first Surefire light with a reflector. All my others Surefire lights has TIR Optics. Well, I gotta say its beam pattern is perfect! A small and powerful hotspot with a huge spill, with no rings! Awesome for a reflector light!! :thumbsup:

But there is something wrong... :thumbsdow

Sometimes it turns on in low mode. Sometimes in high mode. Sometimes it don´t change modes while I turn off/turn on (and I did it slowly).

And sometimes it change modes during the "click" operation: I press the tailcap and it starts in low mode, but then when I fully press (with the audible "click") it turns to high mode!

What´s happening? Is there someone with a G2X Pro with the same problem?

I bet it´s the tailcap... What do you guys think about it?

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Dr.

That was the thread I was looking for. Probably I have the "short spring" problem here too...

Anyway, tomorrow I´ll give Surefire CS a call.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Dr.

I just called Surefire International Customer Service and all worked fine! In 6 minutes they listened to my problem, got my name and address and promised they´ll send me a brand new G2X tailcap. They also will send another E2L-AA tailcap, because the spring of my old one broke!

Awesome!

SF has the best customer service! No questions, no numbers, no delays...

Thank you Surefire!