EagleTac D25C2 2xCR123 - Accidental activation?

jimkraus

Newly Enlightened
Hi to all, and merry X-Mass,<BR>This is my first post, so here it goes,  I am considering an EagleTac D25C2 2xCR123 for my EDC.  I intend to carry this in my jeans pocket and have only one concern with this light, and that is that this is a twisty.  I have read here in CPF that one hand operation is very good, so the remaining question, considering my mode of carry, is that of accidental activation in my pocket. Has anybody who has experience with this unit, or similar ETac FL, had an accidental activation in their pocket.  I mean the flashlight jokers.<BR>Thanks,<BR>JiM

cbthedookie

Newly Enlightened
I have the D25A and D25LC2 - really like both, great lights. I think the likelihood that these will inadvertently "twist" on is pretty low. However, keep in mind that if you only twist it a bit to turn off, a little pressure on the head will activate the light - so you'll have to be sure to turn it quite a bit to ensure it won't come on that way. If the pressure does turn it on, it will likely be a blink rather than constant on; however, I for one would prefer to not have (even intermittently...) glowing pants.

Wolfen68

Newly Enlightened
I have exactly the same experience with the D25C2. A fantastic light...and if you untwist it "OFF" at least half a turn you will have no problem with the inadvertent brief activation.

shipwreck

Enlightened
I have always found that twisty activation switches get accidentally activated MUCH less often than a button switch. I carry a light all the time, and my button's sometimes get pressed by accident. I do not know it until I feel something getting hot in my pocket.

When I once carried a twisty in my pocket a couple of years ago - I never had it go off once.

jimkraus

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to all for your helpful replies. After thinking about it - and thinking and thinking, and driving my wife nuts, I've decided to go with a couple of Zebra lights instead. (SC31 123 and an SC600) But not because of any accidental activation thoughts. Y'all have persuaded me that is not a concern.
JiM