Nitecore D10 Cracked Lense

ViciousCycle74

Newly Enlightened
My dogs knocked my D10 off the chest of drawers, and it must have hit just right to break the lense. I've taken it apart, that was no problem, but I'm having a tough time finding a source for a rpl lense. Somewhere I saw a post that the lense size was 17.8 x 1 mm, but I can't seem to find an after market lense in that size. Any help would be apreciated

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if an additional 0.2mm will fit, but DX is selling 18mm glass lens in packs of 10. Or try contacting Nitecore for assistance.

davecroft

Enlightened
E-mail to Nitecore saying how much you like their lights etc, etc and how sad you are that the lens on your D10 broke. They might just stick a replacement in the post for you. Always worth a try.

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
Another source is flashlight lens.com. They have 18mm UCL lenses, but also 18mm acrylic lenses in varying thicknesses. You may not want an acrylic lens long term, but they're inexpensive and the edge can be easily sanded down to 17.8mm until you source a glass lens. 0.2mm is only .008", about the thickness of 2 pieces of copy paper. Even allowing for thermal expansion I can't believe the tolerances are that close. I'd be more worried about matching the glass thickness, as that could affect the watertight integrity of the light. You may want to measure the lens yourself, 1mm is kinda thin for glass. I would expect it to be closer to 2mm than 1mm. If it is 1mm, no wonder it broke. Hopefully, Nitecore can quickly supply you with a lens as was suggested before.

Last edited:

jag-engr

Enlightened
E-mail to Nitecore saying how much you like their lights etc, etc and how sad you are that the lens on your D10 broke. They might just stick a replacement in the post for you. Always worth a try.
Don't count on it - I had an EX10 physically break in two during normal use because the body was machined too thin (no drops involved). When I finally got a respone, their best offer was that they would sell me a replacement body, which they would not warranty for any length of time.

BoarHunter

Newly Enlightened
Most probably the nominal diam is 18mm for both the lens and the ligtht. But the measured diam of the lens may be 17.8 to allow for clearance and the bore in the flashlight is most probably just 18 or can even go up to 18.2.

Same as for a bolt. An 18mm hex head can be 1/10th less than 18mm and the 18mm spanner 1/10th more.
I have a Nightcore but sorry, doesn't want to dissasemble it :)

Last edited:

ViciousCycle74

Newly Enlightened

Yeah I've sent them an email along those lines, but not expecting much, I've dealt with their customer service before. I'm not complaining, it just is what it is. I was kinda hopeing someone on here would say something like Oh I've put a 18mm ucl in mine, and it fit no problems. Thats probably my next step if customer service bombs out.

Thekapow

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I've sent them an email along those lines, but not expecting much, I've dealt with their customer service before. I'm not complaining, it just is what it is. I was kinda hopeing someone on here would say something like Oh I've put a 18mm ucl in mine, and it fit no problems. Thats probably my next step if customer service bombs out.

Did you find a solution?

ffemt6263

Enlightened
^ what he said. Have you found a solution? If not shoot me a pm. May be able to help a brother d10 lover out 😉

JMP

Enlightened
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I am in also need of new lens for my D10. Can anyone confirm the size is 17.8mm x 1mm.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just measured the lens in my EX11.2, and it is the same size as the D10 lens
17.8 mm x 1 mm

I can wiggle the lens left and right in the head (when the bezel and O ring are removed)

since 17.8 is not a common size, I suggest trying a lens that is 18mm x 1 mm
though I have not confirmed 18mm fit, I have high confidence they will.

Sapphire lenses are also available in 18x1mm (PM me if you need a link, so I dont break CPF rules against posting where to buy)..
Sapphire is much less likely to break.

Last edited: