Banff accomodations suggestions?

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to Banff, Alberta this xmas and am having a hard time trying to figure out whether to stay at the Banff Springs hotel(Fairmont) ,the Rimrock or one of the other places in Banff. There is a huge variety to choose from. The smaller hotels don't have much in the way of amenities but the Banff Springs is very expensive with smallish rooms with a junior suite (large single room) goes for $475 daily plus Canadian taxes etc. Anyone have any terrific experiences in Banff and a recommendation for me to check out?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a quick note, I was to Banff twice, and loved it, once in 1988, and once in the early 1990's. Stayed at a smaller resort, and had a great time.

Went into both Banff Springs Hotel and Ch Lake Louise, and both are just impressive.

Many hotels and lodges are within walking distance from BSH, and if not, a short (mile or two) taxi cab ride away.

If this is like your Honeymoon, stay at BSH, otherwise, stay at one of the lodges and just make sure to spend some quality evening time at BSH.

Note, it has been 15 years since I have been there, so things might have changed, but it was a great, small, fun, real town.

bigcozy

Enlightened
One of the most impressive places I have ever been, truly unique. It is expensive, but it will be something you will never forget.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Absolutely beautiful architecture & surroundings! Take a look at this slide show!

Passed through there in '84, prowled around the building, used the public facilities (and remember someone had written on the stall wall, "Even folks with class have to wipe their ...".) Got a little chuckle out of that, but why do folks have to write on bathroom walls? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif