Fishing Season BROWN'S VS STEELER'S STYLE

Tombeis

Enlightened
Fishing Season BROWN\'S VS STEELER\'S STYLE

During a tour of Texas, the Pope took a couple of days off to visit the coast for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the beach in the Pope-Mobile when there was a frantic commotion just off shore. A helpless man, wearing a Black & Gold Steeler's jersey, was struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 25-foot shark.

As the Pope watched, horrified, a speedboat came racing up with three men wearing Cleveland Brown's jerseys. One quickly fired a harpoon into the sharks' side. The other two reached out and pulled the bleeding, semiconscious Steeler fan from the water. Then using long clubs, the three beat the shark to death and hauled it, too, into the boat.

Immediately, the Pope shouted and summoned them to the beach.

"I give you my blessing for your brave actions," he said. "I have been told about there being bad blood between Browns and Steeler's but now I have
seen with my own eyes that this is not true."

As the Pope drove off, the harpooner asked his buddies "Who was that?"

"It was the Pope", one replied. "He is in direct contact with God and has access to all of God's wisdom."

"Well," the harpooner said, "he may have access to God's wisdom, but he doesn't know anything about shark fishing. Is the bait holding up O.K., or do we need to get another one?"

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fishing Season BROWN\'S VS STEELER\'S STYLE

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Dan

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

My bird to you!!!

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got to admit, that was funny. Still, we WILL kick your arse later in the season!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chengiz

Enlightened

Cardinal fans are probably the best for Big Mouth Bass /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm a "stillers" fan, and although I feel it was completley inapropriate, I laughed hard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That one's getting told tomorrow, but it'll be the Browns that are the bait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jason

Tombeis

Enlightened

FC:

Nothing personal lad, but the next time will be like the last. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif< Steeler's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

W'll see.
emote171.gif

DaveT

Enlightened

Good one Tombeis - I spent my junior high and high school years heartbroken by the Cardiac Kids...so much so I don't watch football very much any more (and it's hard to get the Browns' games here in NY).
I'm not usually given to senseless partisanship, but what Ohio State fans say holds true in the same way for Browns fans: I root for Ohio State (the Browns) and whoever's playing Michigan (the Steelers).
Dave

Tombeis

Enlightened

FC

From the way the Brown's played last Sunday ( if you can call that playing) you may be right.

DaveT

I know how you feel. It's still happening.

At the very least we got rid of Art Modell. That in itself was worth the years without football.

DaveT

Enlightened

Amen to that...I'm glad that his fly-by-night ploy worked (we got rid of him) and that the Browns name stayed in Cleveland.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

I grew up in Pittsburgh and can remember watching a shark by the name of Jim Brown cruise through the Steeler line. Of course Franco returned the favor a few years later. Ah, memories.

Tombeis

Enlightened
BROWN\'S VS STEELER\'S LATE DEVELOPMENT

To: FC at CPS
cc: All other Pittsburgh Fans
Subject: True story

Pittsburgh (Pa) 11/18/03 4:40 P.M. - Pittsburgh Steelers football practice was delayed nearly two hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head Coach Bill Cowher immediately suspended practice while police and federal investigators were called to investigate. After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown to the players was the goal line. Practice was resumed after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

GO BROWNS!

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: BROWN\'S VS STEELER\'S LATE DEVELOPMENT

[ QUOTE ]
Tombeis said:

To: FC at CPS
cc: All other Pittsburgh Fans
Subject: True story

Pittsburgh (Pa) 11/18/03 4:40 P.M. - Pittsburgh Steelers football practice was delayed nearly two hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head Coach Bill Cowher immediately suspended practice while police and federal investigators were called to investigate. After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown to the players was the goal line. Practice was resumed after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

GO BROWNS!

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast

All right, all right...I admit, they suck this season and I'm embarrased to support them. They've been gettin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif

There, are you happy now?

-Jason

Zeppert

Enlightened

Go Browns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!