RCR123a or 18650 mini light, neutron 1c?

18inch

Newly Enlightened
looking for a high powered small light, im about to get the neutron 1c but many bad comments about it makes me hesitate... anything else that is similar in size and power that uses a single rcr123a or 18650?

thx

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i've been absent for quite some time (about a year) with deployment and a few schools i had to attend, but i just lost my quark123 about a month ago (the original R2 version) non-tactical with a clip, after 2 years, that was by far the best EDC light i have had, there are a lot of other and newer lights out there, but for the form and function that was the best...i used to to teach both my kids to crawl (turn it on low and put it far enough away that they have to move to get there) and they sucked on it a lot, it also went to Iraq with me, i miss it like crazy, perhaps a new one is in my future for Christmas :)

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I can't say a bad word about my Thrunite Neutron 1C which I have used for about one year now. It is true that the switch feels a bit spongy but it has not given any problem. The fact is that not very many manufacturers officially approve the use of RCR123's in their flashlights and personally I do not use li-ion's unless approved. The 1C is surely among those few.

timbo114

Enlightened
but i just lost my quark123 about a month ago (the original R2 version)

Welcome back and thanks for serving.
I'll agree with you that the 'original' run Quark R2 were a very fine set of lights indeed. Super high quality tint and beam profile.
I have a 123/2 Tactical and love it.

Go for the 1C .. I have one, it's a powerhouse on RCRs.
It's a quality light, and you can mod the switch button if need be.

Last edited:

18inch

Newly Enlightened
hey btw i just came across the JetBeam PC10, anyone compared it with a Neutron 1C? looks like a powerful light with more throw thean the 1c ..

any thoughts?

HIDblue

Enlightened
hey btw i just came across the JetBeam PC10, anyone compared it with a Neutron 1C? looks like a powerful light with more throw thean the 1c ..

any thoughts?

The PC10 has a forward clicky which allows momentary on/pff while the 1C has a reverse clicky. I prefer forward clickies for the momentary on/off, but that's a personal preference. I really haven't seen any reviews of the PC10 yet so it's hard to tell about performance, etc.

Latest posts