Olight i1 eos: anyone comfortably using RCR's?

spc smith

Enlightened
I just wanted to know if anyone, as of recently ran into any issues using RCR123's for this little light. I have one and am looking to bump the performance, but i dont want to burn out or overheat the LED over time if this is the case after using it for a while. I do appreciate the knowledge and first hand experience of any given in the future!

Thanks fellow CPFer's:)

vbxt

Newly Enlightened
I've been using RCR123's since day one with my light. It still retains the two lower settings, but high becomes really bright. It heats up fairly quickly on high, but if you hold it in your hand, it seems to reach a stable temperature and not overheat. Maybe there is some sort of thermal management built into the light.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
I'm about to click up an order for one this week. I plan to use AW IMR 16340s with it. I have other brands of single cell 3.6/3.7 volt EDCs with the XM-L in it, so in theory, this light should be fine at the higher voltage right? Am I missing anything? If for example the higher voltage means I might get 40,000 hours out of the LED instead of 50,000, I'm okay w/ that too...

spc smith

Enlightened
vbxt, thanks for that tid bit. I think im going to order some RCR123's and try it out just for the heck of it. What voltage are you using? 3.2 volts? Thanks guys:thumbsup:

Latest posts