Hey'all what tactical pen flashligh would 007 or Jason Bourne have on him?

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so now what am I suppose to write since the title to this thread is my post as well, ... anywho's what do you think?

Last edited:

Tiggercat

Enlightened
James Bond would use something custom-built by Q. Jason Bourne would carry whatever was handy, as anything can be used as a weapon, and you're better off not exposing yourself by using a flashlight.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
James Bond would use something custom-built by Q. Jason Bourne would carry whatever was handy, as anything can be used as a weapon, and you're better off not exposing yourself by using a flashlight.

Man you're no fun! ... LOL Btw Q's retired long time ago, and yeah who was the bald headed guy's infamous line "Death by Coffe Cup or was it a tin cup?", but even Jason Bourne would need a flashlight if he was underground somewhere and the lights got cut off.

Anyhow's I saw a tactical pen flashlight recently that looked really cool, but can't remember which it was.

Last edited:

CMAG

Enlightened
Hmmmm Bond aka 007 would not carry a pen light he has a 50 in 1 wrist watch, that one with the laser that cuts handcuffs
Bourne can see in the dark and do many other things no mortal man can.
Anyway yesterday was checking out Pelican's web sight they have a cool looking 3xAAAA

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
007 would use his 50 in 1 watch as a member has said and Jason already has a used a tactical pen on one of the films (A bic biro lol) As regards a flashlight I think he has already used one of those in a film as well but normally he is wrapping some sort of light around the baddies head.

Just found this bit as I thought he had used a torch:-

The Bourne Ultimatum. He is shown using tactical improvisation such as using a fan, torch light and tape to fake his location (The Bourne Ultimatum) and gas, a toaster and a magazine to cause an explosion (The Bourne Supremacy). He is also proficient with firearms, explosives, electronics and evasive protocols — for moving, driving, and the like.

:devil:

Last edited:

Wolfen68

Newly Enlightened
The real question is what would Chuck Norris use? Oh wait....he would have a radiant light that comes from within.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy AZPops,
In case you're actually looking for a penlight, there are a few that fit the "tactical" label, in that they can be set to come on in their brightest level:

http://brite-strike.com/epli.html

http://www.light-reviews.com/eagletac_pn20a2/

I don't own either one, but I've been looking for a good penlight for a while now (haven't found one that fits all my criteria), so I know a bit about both of these. Both offer two levels.

The Brightstrike EPLI seems like a nice light, but sounds like it has a somewhat ringy beam and cool white emitter, and I couldn't find any mention of a warranty. It comes on in high, and might be able to come on in low.

The EagleTac PN20A2 seems to be well built, has a lifetime warranty, has a slightly more throwy beam (but comes with a diffuser), can be set to come on in either high or low, and is offered with either a cool white or neutral LED.

Of those two, the EagleTac neutral would be my pick.

However, if 007 had to pick a penlight from today's market, I think he might go with the Peak 2xAAA Eiger offered by Oveready.com:
http://www.oveready.com/peak-led-flashlights/2xaaa-peak-eiger-penlight-qtc/prod_155.html

A bit expensive if configured with the QTC and momentary switch, but elegant and built like a tank.

Coming in at a close 2nd place would be the Preon 2 black tie, for it's stunning good looks and elegant simplicity.

Good luck in your search!

Ajax517

Newly Enlightened
007 doesn't need a flashlight in a 5 star hotel.

Bourne doesn't rely on gear, he makes due with what's at hand.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
A Preon 2 and a Gerber Recon .

Cant get over the name Gerber. Its just baby food to me. No matter how good a review their product gets, i couldnt buy it buy it because its just baby food... Anywho, id guess a Peak Eiger.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy AZPops,
In case you're actually looking for a penlight, there are a few that fit the "tactical" label, in that they can be set to come on in their brightest level:

http://brite-strike.com/epli.html

http://www.light-reviews.com/eagletac_pn20a2/

I don't own either one, but I've been looking for a good penlight for a while now (haven't found one that fits all my criteria), so I know a bit about both of these. Both offer two levels.

The Brightstrike EPLI seems like a nice light, but sounds like it has a somewhat ringy beam and cool white emitter, and I couldn't find any mention of a warranty. It comes on in high, and might be able to come on in low.

The EagleTac PN20A2 seems to be well built, has a lifetime warranty, has a slightly more throwy beam (but comes with a diffuser), can be set to come on in either high or low, and is offered with either a cool white or neutral LED.

Of those two, the EagleTac neutral would be my pick.

However, if 007 had to pick a penlight from today's market, I think he might go with the Peak 2xAAA Eiger offered by Oveready.com:
http://www.oveready.com/peak-led-flashlights/2xaaa-peak-eiger-penlight-qtc/prod_155.html

A bit expensive if configured with the QTC and momentary switch, but elegant and built like a tank.

Coming in at a close 2nd place would be the Preon 2 black tie, for it's stunning good looks and elegant simplicity.

Good luck in your search!

Derek Dean, thank you very much! Brite Strike was the light I was interested in. But forgot to bookmark it when I saw it! The Peak look like it's tough as nails! Thanks for your time and the provided links!

Oh btw for the rest of you guys, Mr. Bruce Lee was the Man! But I don't think Kato ever used a flashlight! ... LOL

Seriously, thanks for playing along! ... Too funny!

Last edited:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cant get over the name Gerber. Its just baby food to me. No matter how good a review their product gets, i couldnt buy it buy it because its just baby food... Anywho, id guess a Peak Eiger.

But the Gerber Recon is Ninja approved.

CMAG

Enlightened
better add the Blind Swordsman to the list, hmmmm scratch that he need no light

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chuck Norris has the brightness of seven suns under his beard.
I'd hate to be the guy that Jason Bourne takes a penlight too. LoL he could kill you with a Streamlight Stylus 2AAAA

bobbagum

Newly Enlightened
A more interesting question is what would McGuyver edc? I would imagine something with a clip, something with easily salvageable battery, dual use as a hammer/glass breaker...