Can anything compare with the Fenix TK35 yet in terms of output/$ in a small size?

Tolip

Newly Enlightened
820 lumens from a single 18650-long handle for about $100

If I wanted to spend $100 on a flashlight about this size, is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks

bobbagum

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore TM11 uses double the battery with more compact body but at about twice the price, so in terms of of output/$/size the TK35 is right at the sweet spot. Other manufacturer could have better build quality though, but the fenix's by no means poorly built, but that for a price, there are better quality anodizing/machining out there.

RoBeacon

Enlightened
I've had mine for a few months, and I love it. I don't use it as much as I thought I would but it still get compliments everytime I take it out. When I go for walks in the apartment complex people can see me coming from a LOOOONNNNGGGG ways away.

CyberCT

Enlightened
Had my TK35 since it came out, and out of my eight or so flashlights it is by far my favorite just for that reason ... very compact, high output, very affordable for the package. Actually waterproof too, tested many times with my other Fenix lights haha

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
DRY 3X XML.

I really want one even though I have the TK35.

Its rated at 2500 lumens on turbo and is about the same size as the TK35.

The newest version looks like a serious winner.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 4 Sevens Malestrom X10. My visual estimate is it has 90% of the throw of the TK35 and is even more compact. Only 2 modes for the X10. I carry the X10 more than my TK35 because it's round. That's just me though.

scot

Newly Enlightened
+1 on the x10......the TK35 just sits in the drawer, can't remember the last time i took it out.

SkyPup

Newly Enlightened
I've got three TK35s and three Olight M-3X, the M-3X throw is better however it only has two modes.

fogacho

Newly Enlightened
I've done a lot of research before picking my TK35, and still it seems to be the best you can get for this money in terms of a compact, super capable light. I use it a lot, no regrets!

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix TK35 was my first serious LED flashlight. I got mine about three months ago after joining CPF. I too did a lot of research and I got educated and then enlightened as to what was out there. For the money and features that the TK35 has, I knew that this was a good light to choose. Its crazy bright, has a wicked strobe, great run times, easy to use and fits my hand nicely.

The TK35 works for me and I'm very happy with it. It gets a big :twothumbs

DENGOH

Newly Enlightened
Pay USD300 for a clone of overpriced USD3000 watch is more worthy, if you calculate the ratio 300/3000.
Pay USD38 for a clone of USD100 torch(actually I saw lowest selling price was USD90), it is 38/100, to me it is not worthy at all.

By the way, I think Olight SR51 can compare with TK35 in terms of output/$ and size.
USD100/820 = $0.122 per lumen
USD140/900 = $0.156 per lumen

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 4 Sevens Malestrom X10. My visual estimate is it has 90% of the throw of the TK35 and is even more compact. Only 2 modes for the X10. I carry the X10 more than my TK35 because it's round. That's just me though.

I also like the Maelstrom X10, it slightly beats the TK35 in throw. The smaller size also helps. I like to think of it as a Surefire 6P only pumped up.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
820 lumens from a single 18650-long handle for about $100

If I wanted to spend $100 on a flashlight about this size, is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks

Haha, i've been asking the same question for some time now. The answer's still NO.

Here's why:

1. Better thrower: more expensive than TK35
2. Better thrower: longer than TK35
3. Better thrower: bigger head than the TK35
4. Brighter: more expensive
5. Same size: weaker output
6. Same size: lesser modes
7. Better tint bin: well, that's a non-issue now. :)

X10 is almost better, but identical, so its still a NO for me.

I got my TK35 on a sale, cost me only $76 bucks shipped.

I guess it's just up to Fenix to make a TK35 V2 of this light. :)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix TK35 was my first serious LED flashlight. I got mine about three months ago after joining CPF. I too did a lot of research and I got educated and then enlightened as to what was out there. For the money and features that the TK35 has, I knew that this was a good light to choose. Its crazy bright, has a wicked strobe, great run times, easy to use and fits my hand nicely.

The TK35 works for me and I'm very happy with it. It gets a big :twothumbs

+1 on that! The TK35 is a tough act to follow, sure there are better lights out there, but the cost and form factor are not comparable.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've done a lot of research before picking my TK35, and still it seems to be the best you can get for this money in terms of a compact, super capable light. I use it a lot, no regrets!

+1 on this too. It took me 3 to 4 months of research before finally getting my TK35. I also wanted to delay purchasing mine coz i knew the first batch of TK35's had greenish tint. Unfortunately, when I eventually got mine, it still had the green tint. Oh well, no regrets, you dont notice it anyway on TURBO.