RECENT Tactical/EDC STROBE accounts

spc smith

Enlightened
Have any CPF'ers as of RECENT utilized thier strobe mode by way of late night rendezvous ie (getting away or dealing with an oncoming attacker, animal or thing of some sort? just to add to this: Last 4rth of july i was ironically playing with my sunwayman T20C out in my back yard. I heard a loud pop which almost sounded like a pistol shot. I went around my house and out to the side which is a big green grass field, and a suspicious looking man started coming my way. why is this guy wandering around on my property i thought so i double tapped and hit strobe on the guy with 438 lumens and he stood motionless at that point and said officer i heard a loud pistol did you hear that? i told him to stop where he was at and i soon recognised it was my next door nieghbor just as concerned as i was! I was just trying to stop the guy and see who he was before reacting accordingly. he laughed it off and said he had never se such a bright light like that before:thumbsup:

anyone else have a similiar story?

Last edited by a moderator:

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not recently. But in the past I used strobe mode on my HX150 to get close to a drunk. After he was arrested he claimed I had tazed him (LOL).
Strobe mode is an excellent tool in dealing with intoxicated suspects.

spc smith

Enlightened
yep! thats especially what i know some of my buddies back home as bouncers use thier lights for! intoxicated people leavin the bar after hours.. any other takers?

85coke

Newly Enlightened
Accidently clicked the power button too many times on my tk70 while in a small room. 2200 lumen strobe definitely impairs vision and movement :duh2:

spc smith

Enlightened
i BET you saw dots ie stars for more than 5 minutes. I have to be careful even with my little 500 lumen olight M20X. its a nasty strobe but not to the same effect as 2200 lumens. that will plain blind you!

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to use the strobe on my Olight M21X just last week in a VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION.

My two daughters (4 & 8) demanded a dance party before bed. I said "no," and that's when it got dangerous. So I caved, put the TV on one of those music stations, and got out the Olight.......instant dance party.

fyrstormer

Banned
+1 on dealing with intoxicated people. I got stoned in college once, a lot stronger than I'd anticipated, and one of the people I was with thought it would be funny to turn on a REAL strobe light in my bedroom. It took forever to walk across the room to shut the damn thing off, because whenever I opened my eyes to get my bearings, I froze in mid-motion and lost all track of time. Now there's one of those "been there, done that, never again" kind of experiences.