Waiting for brighter AA lights in smaller form factor

How Goes It

Newly Enlightened
I was skimming through various threads, when I saw this post by Scubie67 ---

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...he-making.-.&p=3810720&viewfull=1#post3810720

No doubt the SC600 is a popular item. But I wonder if Zebralight understands, that there are some of us that have no intention of buying the SC600 -- regardless of how fine a light it is, being that some of us very much like AA eneloops --- and, we are really waiting for a brighter AA that isn't too big.

You know --- with regards to whether one should market a Li-ion or an AA light ------ well I know I saw some report awhile back, on just how popular AA lights were. And if I remember correctly, they had a far bigger share of the market than Li-ion. So if this is still the case, wouldn't you think a manufacturer would want to take advantage of this?

The Q50 would be great to have now. The H502 would be nice also.

Maybe Zebralight is inundated with orders on the SC600, or their manufacturing operation just can't handle another light right now.

Maybe Zebralight wants to milk the SC600 for all it's worth, before moving on to the next big seller.

Maybe Zebralight thinks the Q50 will cut into SC600 sales.

Maybe the design of the Q50 is not finalized. Maybe they haven't figured a way to make a good waterproof seal on the tailpiece.

Whatever it is, I would hope that some manufacturer would come along with some smaller and more powerful Eneloop XM-L lights. I'd really like to see more AA lights -- up to 4 cells --- in shorter / smaller form factors.

------------------
Steve

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was skimming through various threads, when I saw this post by Scubie67 ---

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...he-making.-.&p=3810720&viewfull=1#post3810720

No doubt the SC600 is a popular item. But I wonder if Zebralight understands, that there are some of us that have no intention of buying the SC600 -- regardless of how fine a light it is, being that some of us very much like AA eneloops --- and, we are really waiting for a brighter AA that isn't too big.

You know --- with regards to whether one should market a Li-ion or an AA light ------ well I know I saw some report awhile back, on just how popular AA lights were. And if I remember correctly, they had a far bigger share of the market than Li-ion. So if this is still the case, wouldn't you think a manufacturer would want to take advantage of this?

The Q50 would be great to have now. The H502 would be nice also.

Maybe Zebralight is inundated with orders on the SC600, or their manufacturing operation just can't handle another light right now.

Maybe Zebralight wants to milk the SC600 for all it's worth, before moving on to the next big seller.

Maybe Zebralight thinks the Q50 will cut into SC600 sales.

Maybe the design of the Q50 is not finalized. Maybe they haven't figured a way to make a good waterproof seal on the tailpiece.

Whatever it is, I would hope that some manufacturer would come along with some smaller and more powerful Eneloop XM-L lights. I'd really like to see more AA lights -- up to 4 cells --- in shorter / smaller form factors.

------------------
Steve

You are never going to get smaller/shorter lights in AA due to the physical size of the battery are you?

How Goes It

Newly Enlightened
I mean something around the length of the Q50 for instance.
It's supposed to be 3.35" x 1.3".

Does anyone else have a NiMH AA in the 500 or greater lumen range, that is around 3.5" long, and, that has as small of a cross section as the Q50?

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I agree. I love 4AA lights like my PA40.
I already want BRIGHTER!