Has anyone seen Bigfoot, UFO, Thunderbird, etc.???

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
nothing tangable...

sometimes i see fleeting shadows in the corners of my eyes, and tools and pieces seem to dissapear while i'm using them, just to reappear soon after...

since arriving on this planet, i really haven't seen anything truly wierd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

hula

Newly Enlightened
There are only two weird things I have seen in my life. The first was witnessed by myself and two friends. As teenagers we were taking the dogs for a walk on a dark summers night with very little moon. We were walking beside a hill that is part of a set of hills in a row. They each have some craters on which were formed when a German bomber dropped its' load back in WW2. In the crater on the hill nearest us we noticed, though none of us saw it form, a glowing mist. It was the weirdest mist I've ever seen because it was so bright.There were no light sources present to illuminate this spot and no other mists about anywhere that night. It lasted about nearly five minutes then just seemed to dim and clear.
The only other thing I noticed and didn't really appreciate was a sort of triangle of lights. I'd got home late-ish and just happened to notice these moving in the clear night sky. They didn't shine intensely but rathered glowed and I could almost make out a metallic like undersurface to which they were attached. There was no noise apparent. You might be thinking it was a plane but this craft was lowish so I should have heard something but the clincher was that it stopped dead for a liitle while then slew sideways and then moved away but accelerated at a quite reasonable rate.
It was late and to be truthful I didn't really think it to be anything more than peculiar. I did go on to read later though that a triangular craft had been noted by quite a few people in this part of the world.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
hula said:
...The only other thing I noticed and didn't really appreciate was a sort of triangle of lights. I'd got home late-ish and just happened to notice these moving in the clear night sky. They didn't shine intensely but rathered glowed and I could almost make out a metallic like undersurface to which they were attached. There was no noise apparent. You might be thinking it was a plane but this craft was lowish so I should have heard something but the clincher was that it stopped dead for a liitle while then slew sideways and then moved away but accelerated at a quite reasonable rate.
It was late and to be truthful I didn't really think it to be anything more than peculiar. I did go on to read later though that a triangular craft had been noted by quite a few people in this part of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

i remember seing something like that also!
i was very young at the time, and i live in the middle of a city, so after i got older logic told me that i couldn't hve been actually seeing it.
it was very wierd though, becauwse i remember it distinctly, and about a week later the triangular crop-circules appeared /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

hula

Newly Enlightened
Roth - as I said quite a few people have seen a similar thing. I didn't really appreciate how many until I read an article, about six months after, describing this craft.
I don't live in a rural location either so seeing it above a city isn't an impossibility. Because it was very late at night when I noticed it I guess not many others saw it on that occasion. If I hadn't have bothered to look up at the night sky I'd have missed it too. I certainly don't remember thinking 'Oh look there's a craft from another world'
But I know that sideways then instantly forwards maneuvre is not currently possible with any aircraft I have yet seen. None could match the fixed-to-a-track precision this was done in and all in complete silence.

Hula.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
In college I saw a meteorite bounce of 2 different layers in the atmosphere. Or maybe it was a UFO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The whole group of us walking home spotted the thing. It wasn't like a shooting star as it was moving slowly in comparison and it didn't leave a trail and was a single solid point of light. No flaring or breaking apart or anything. As we watched it go down it suddenly zigged about 3 hand spans to the east and then a second later zagged 4 or 5 handspands back to the west and then disappeared below the trees surrounding us.

The fact that it didn't leave a trail or anything makes it unlike a regular meteor. We all thought it was something very strange at that time, but I'm pretty sure it was just what I said in the beginning. Still pretty neat.

The other interesting thing a friend of mine and I saw while exploring a golf course just after dark. It was completely deserted and we were chatting and walking on our way home when I saw something out of the corner of my eye bright yellowish/green flare and go straight up out of site. It was over so soon that I couldn't follow it. It was the right color to have just been a firefly close to my eye or something like that. But it felt larger and further away, but I only saw it in one eye so perspective is in question. It was not accompanied by any sound or anything but it quite startled me. What made it even more interesting was that it startled my friend as well since he also saw it. Which he wouldn't have done had it been a firefly right next to my face...

I have walked through remote forests and if you do this alone, just after dusk when the sky might still have some light, but the forest is almost pitch black you can understand completely how frightening it can be and how you might see all sorts of things /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Has anyone seen Bigfoot, UFO, Thunderbird, etc

RevDavid;
Do you really think anyone would confess to such? Depending on the Inquisitor's viewpoint (secular or religious), the judgement of the confessee, would either be insane or in league with the devil (or both). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As an example of this sort of judgement, when I was in the hospital for a massive myocardial infarction and undergoing a scan in nuclear medicine, The tech and I got talking. I mentioned to her, that I chat telepathically with Archangel Gabriel. Her immediate judgement of me, was that I am Demonically Possessed! She happens to be polish Roman Catholic (like my mom). Talk about judgemental! If Mary appeared to her, and told her who I really am, she would have a heart attack! This actually happened to me in November 2001. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

If I had told this to a psychiatrist, I would have been committed to a State Institution, for Life, without my consent.

I have not had the pleasure of seeing a strange craft. That doesn't mean they don't exist. Neither does it mean that they are demons in disguise, as some fundies claim. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RevDavid

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Charles Bradshaw said:
RevDavid;
Do you really think anyone would confess to such? Depending on the Inquisitor's viewpoint (secular or religious), the judgement of the confessee, would either be insane or in league with the devil (or both). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As an example of this sort of judgement, when I was in the hospital for a massive myocardial infarction and undergoing a scan in nuclear medicine, The tech and I got talking. I mentioned to her, that I chat telepathically with Archangel Gabriel. Her immediate judgement of me, was that I am Demonically Possessed! She happens to be polish Roman Catholic (like my mom). Talk about judgemental! If Mary appeared to her, and told her who I really am, she would have a heart attack! This actually happened to me in November 2001. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

If I had told this to a psychiatrist, I would have been committed to a State Institution, for Life, without my consent.

I have not had the pleasure of seeing a strange craft. That doesn't mean they don't exist. Neither does it mean that they are demons in disguise, as some fundies claim. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tsk tsk...
You should not be so quick to judge right others' theories, right after you criticize others for being ready to judge you.

UFO's could be a lot of things, and I suppose demons in disguise is possible, though I suspect being invisible to us most of the time is better for their purposes.
I have seen ball lightning on two occasions, and in certain settings, I might have called them UFO's.
I also think that many UFO's are sightings of conventional aircraft, and many are probably experimental aircraft.
I remember one evening in Florida, when Venus had a brightness far in excess of normal, and appeared to be flashing. We grabbed a telescope, and took a look, and after several minutes, the atmosphere settled down, (or maybe Venus settled down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) and it looked like its usual self.
I also see no reason to think it impossible that some sightings could be extraterrestrial in origin. I don't see a lot of substantial evidence for it, but then again, Roswell was covered up. Who knows now what really happened there?

By the way, who are you really? I don't have any heart trouble.

David <><

RevDavid

Enlightened

Hula,
that glowing mist sounds really cool.
Maybe it's just that I like stuff that glows in the dark so much, but I would like to have seen that. It sounds a little like St. Elmo's fire, (which I saw once on a transatlantic flight, and is really spooky looking itself) but I don't remember ever hearing about it rising out of a pit. Maybe it was something like that, though.

David <><

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

i also saw the triangular craft.. altho i only saw a triangle of lights flying oddly.. it looked like only the sky took up the space of the triangle.. that was just last winter matter of fact, while i was walking down the street..

i've seen meteors when i was younger.. it appeared to be a green, streaking ball of flame.. it appeared from when end of the sky, ran across the horizon, then dipped under it.. i witnessed this with a friend while making a snowman.. haha..

me and another friend also spot satellites quite often.. we like to pass them off to other ppl as UFO's..

and i always watch the northern lights, and other similar happenings.. nothing is cooler to me then seeing the sky actual ripple with energy..

nothing too outstanding tho.. i'm surprised too.. with all the woods here, i'd think bigfoot would have some family or something here..

-Ryan

NewsFlash

Enlightened

I have seen a few things in the sky that I didn't know what it was, but figure it must have been aircraft.

There have been unusual things that happened to me that I could not explain at the time. The brain can play tricks on you. Also, you can be too hard on yourself.

These things, coupled with the enemy of our souls, the Devil, brings chaos and confusion to our lives. Make no mistake about it, the Devil is real and he is some trickster. John 10:10a says "the thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy" NIV.

Only the Lord Jesus can counter the enemy.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I've seen a few UFOs over the years, but no Bigfoot.

Here are four reports I sent to the National UFO Reporting Center:

-----------------------------------------------------------
November 18 2001

While watching the Leonid meteor storm from my northwest-facing window, my eye caught a slow-moving object flying in a northeast to southwest direction. At first I thought it might have been birds - until I focused more closely on it, ignoring the bright meteors streaking by in the opposite direction. It appeared to be a large, crescent-shaped object, flying with the curve of the crescent facing forwards and the tips behind. As it flew a bit closer, I started to hear a very low rumbling sound with an odd, fainter "jet engine" noise overlaid upon it.

The object itself appeared to be a medium to dark grey in color, and was illuminated solely by the sodium vapor streetlights from the downtown Seattle streets below. It had a pebbly kind of texture, as if it were made up of hundreds of small circles or spheres, like BBs from a BB gun.

Once the object was almost overhead, it seemed to turn slowly out to the west, and disappeared over the water as it flew farther away from its source of illumination. The noise it made also faded away as it flew off.

There were no light emitters of any kind visible, and no exhaust flames or glow visible. The engine noise was a very low rumbling, such as what one might hear in an earthquake; accompanied by a much fainter "jet turbine" sound, like a standard passenger jet sitting on the tarmac with the engines set to idle. Or like a very nasty vacuum cleaner motor; though much, much fainter.

November 18 2001

About ten minutes after seeing the flying crescent, I saw two more unusual objects, and interacted with one of them.

The first one was a small yellow-amber circle or disk, about the size of a small dress shirt button held at arm's length. It flew slowly in an east to west direction. Since it had no apparent lights of its own and seemed to be illuminated only by the sodium vapor streetlights of the city below, I ruled out a regular aircraft, and shot at it with a 11.6 milliwatt green laser. I just wanted to see if it was a plastic bag or a balloon caught up in the breeze.
Although I could see the beam of the laser in the night sky, I did not see any of the green light reflect off the
object back to me, and it continued to fly west until I could no longer see it.

About a minute later, another, smaller amber colored circle showed up. This one was about half the size of the first, and flew with the same speed, direction, and flight path as the first.
It also had no apparent lights of its own. So I shot at it too, and this time I saw my green laser beam reflected back at me. After hitting it several times, it suddenly slowed way down and made an abrupt turn towards the north, and started moving off again. I quickly got rid of the laser by kicking it under the bed, and kept watching the object.
About ten seconds after it made its northward turn, it came to a full stop and just hung there like a star. I watched it closely for any movement, and there was none.
About 15-20 seconds after it stopped, it simply winked out, as if someone kicked a lamp plug out of the wall.

Both objects had a smooth, steady flight motion without any signs of wobbling, rocking, oscillating, or rotating; and neither one had any visible moving external parts like rotors or wings.

These objects and the flying crescent were reported to the National UFO Reporting Network after the meteor storm started to die off around 5:00am.
No other objects (besides meteors, the ISS, and a satellite) were seen during the 90+ minutes I watched the skies *after* these sightings.

June 15, 1982

Back in 1982, I lived in the Juneau Receiving Home awaiting foster care. Around 2 in the afternoon on this day, I stepped out on the back porch to smoke a cigarette. In the back of this building was a long driveway, a freestanding garage, a dipsty-dumpster, and a large wooded area. About 100 feet into the wooded area is a 10x10 foot patch of concrete with a flimsy basketball hoop on it.

As I stepped out and started for my cigarettes, I noticed a deep black globe hovering in place about 80 feet away right near the basketball area.
The globe was about 3 feet in diameter and a deep, pure black; almost as though it were a hole in space yet it appeared 3-D and very real. Almost immediately after I noticed it, the sphere began drifting slowly to my right at about 0.5MPH, and began to emit a low, pulsating humming noise. The best way to describe this sound is that it is similar to the sound effect they use on Star Trek Voyager to indicate power going to their warp core. But this sound seemed more intense, and had all kinds of funny harmonics to it.

After it had drifted about ten or fifteen feet, it stopped and emitted a vibrant orange, fan-shaped beam directed toward my right. The beam then slowly swept from my right to my left; and any objects it touched (such as pop cans, old tires, and etc.) took on a more intense orange aura or glow while the background remained a dimmer kind of color. As the beam came closer and closer to me, I became more than curious - I started getting concerned. As I started to reach back for the doorknob (still keeping an eye on the sphere), the beam hit me, paralyzing me where I stood.

The next thing I remember is being back in my room, wondering just what the hell had happened.

Although I didn't notice any untoward physical aftereffects of the encounter, a series of strange, paralyzing "dreams" I'd had from a previous encounter returned and occured at least daily for several weeks; after which they stopped occurring.

One thing I had been doing that day was trying to record some shortwave radio broadcasts on my brand new JVC RC-M70 boombox. The tape was still running after this UFO encounter had ended, so I decided to play it back and see what was there. At first, it was exactly what I expected: static-filled shortwave radio station broadcasts. Then about twenty minutes into the tape, the sound abruptly changed into an odd warbling kind of noise, modulated and remodulated with all kinds of harmonics and other warbling sounds. The "main" warble sound seemed to have an up & down modulation period of around 20 seconds.
This whole sound show went on for around fifteen minutes, after which the normal static and faint shorwave broadcasts resumed.

Sometime between 1982 and 1990 the tape became lost - boy I sure wish it hadn't.

The sphere didn't seem to act manmade. The terrain in the area would have absolutely forbidden any kind of support mechanism; not from above, not from below, and not from the sides. The sphere had a smooth, natural motion - it didn't wobble like a balloon or other artificially supported object.
I think it may have been a space probe of some kind; for it was too small to have been a fully-fledged ship.

December 22, 1968

Around 2 in the morning, I was awakened by a shaft of bright bluish-white light entering my bedroom window.
I got out of bed and walked towards it to see what was causing it. When I stepped into the beam, I became paralyzed within a few seconds. But not before I looked out the window and saw it:

A large, bluish-white object was hanging above the bare trees in the back yard. The object was shaped somewhat like a half-moon; but the "flat" part wasn't flat at all, it was scalloped like the tops of towers on a medieval castle. It was also canted over at a bizarre angle - even at 5 years of age I somehow knew the moon wasn't supposed to look this way. It was much brighter than the moon, and seemed to be about 2 to 3 times larger than the moon should have appeared.

Just after seeing this object, some strange things began happening. I began experiencing what I might now call an altered sense of awareness. My hearing seemed to become much more sensitive - faint sounds became greatly amplified. A pin dropping would sound like a piece of rebar being dashed into a concrete wall; the sound of the dog's footsteps on the floor were almost unbearably loud, and that kind of thing. This persisted for most if not all of the remainder of that night.

For at least the next six years, I had these kind of dream-like things every night - and they would always start the same: a series of colored rectangles (bright yellows, greens and blues) would quickly form in my visual field; they would appear quickly, continuing to appear and overlap one another. A minute or two later, a dark area would appear in the exact center, which would then become filled with a brilliant, green scintillating light. At this point, I would become paralyzed and unable to move and my hearing would become "amplified" again. I would also be overcome with an intense sensation of terror or dread.

Over the years, I learned a way to abort these "dreams" before they reached the paralytic phase; however occasionally one of them still slips through to this day.

TheBeam

Enlightened

Craig, you need to report this to Art Bell, and get a camera.

hula

Newly Enlightened

NewsFlash - you tar peoples experiences with your obviously strong religious convictions. NO ONE can adequately apply with proof a system of belief to answer those unexplained phenomena that people experience.
I'm curious to see if you'd be comfortable with the notion of re-introducing the practice of witch-finding in order to locate 'the devil' - hiding in the weaker souls of people?
I am not religious or weak minded. I've never heard voices or seen visions. I don't do drugs and only drink rarely and I recognise an aircraft when I see one.
So don't tell me I was tricked because that's rich coming from a man whose been taken in by religion and therefore prepared to believe more fantastical stories than there are in the Lord of the rings!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
TheBeam said:
Craig, you need to report this to Art Bell, and get a camera.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've reported these to the NUFORC website, and a camera probably wouldn't have done much good, because most of my "sightings" have occurred at night.

Here's another report I sent to NUFORC:

August 9, 2002
Large diamond-shaped UFO with four round projections silently
glides over downtown Seattle.
At 2:20am, still not able to fall asleep after a night of shooting a documentary about my ((personal URL)) website, I decided to poke my head out the window to look for stray Persieds. After just two minutes of looking out into space (facing generally up and to the north), a large, very slow moving object caught my eye, emerging from the limb of a building rooftop to the NNE. It was a dark grey in color, appeared to be more or less diamond-shaped, and it had four lighter colored spheres or disks on its underside. The object was approximately the size of my thumbnail held at arm's length, so it was quite large and easily seen & tracked even though it did not have any lights on it. It was moving very slowly from roughly NNE to SSW, curving slowly to the W as it passed nearly overhead and then headed out away from the city.

It displayed a slow oscillating motion; appearing to twist back and forth but with its movements limited to perhaps 10°, so the leading edge never became the trailing edge or vice versa. The movements were very regular, like a cam on a slow-turning gearhead motor. It did not appear to emit any light of its own, nor did it emit any sounds that I could hear. At first I thought I might have been witnessing a stealth aircraft of some type, but the very slow forward travel and the slight but noticeable oscillating motion ruled that out pretty quickly. Birds in flight were also ruled out due to the very slow forward speed and the lack of flapping wings, which would have been visible on something of the same apparent size as what I saw.

After viewing the object for perhaps 20 seconds, I stumbled into the next room and grabbed a pair of 10X50 binoculars, then went back to the window and tried to zoom in on it. I lost 15-20 seconds of possible viewing time in getting the binoculars. By the time I had finally got myself up to the window and located the object again, it had dimmed substantially and moved out over Elliot Bay; and I didn't see any more detail on it than I originally did with the naked eye. After viewing the object in and out of binoculars for an addition 50-60 seconds, it faded from view; though only due to lack of illumination as it flew away from the downtown Seattle core and out over water. It was still plenty large enough in the sky to see with the naked eye had there been more light.

The color of the object body appeared to be a dark grey; and the color of the four circular devices or projections on its underside appeared white or light grey; the only source of light striking it was the sodium vapor lights reflected off the streets of Seattle. Shape was that of a slightly elongated diamond with significantly rounded edges; and the round or spherical projections were positioned just inside each apex of the diamond. Of several unidentifieds I have witnessed in Seattle, this one had, by far, the largest apparent size of them all. Its longer axis was more or less aligned with its plane of travel at all times.

Actual size and altitude are difficult to determine as there are no clouds or other objects to use as a reference. I would have to estimate the altitude to be 1,000 to 2,000 feet, and the object's size to be approximately 20' long by 15' wide.

I'll try to depict what I saw in Photoshop and then email it to you.

((NUFORC Note: Simulation provided. PD))

newufo2.jpg

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I've seen a couple of wierd things in my time, well, at one time I'd have considered them wierd, that was a while back now.

All I'll say is that people seem to be very good at not seeing what they don't believe can exist.

Not a UFO, (well, in the extra-terrestrial sense anyhow), though to most people I guess they'd fall into the same category, as in being in the air, and not readily identifable. Most folks I've desribed this to (which means about 4 face to face) have laughed in my face, but I stand by my claim, and I know what I saw. And I'm not going to be specific, for that very reason...and that it'll give folks something to think about, and seeing what everyone else thinks will be interesting!

hula

Newly Enlightened

Zelandeth - I think I know what you saw but let's get something straight here. You too are guilty of making a mockery of possible phenomena.
Consider our existence in the cosmos. Consider what we've acheived and what we might go on to acheive. Consider the possibilty of other sentenient beings and of them being just a bit futher down the road of acheivement. They travel the stars like we travel our skies. They are more stealthy but maybe just as curious and then one day they come across earth.
So they look, sample, listen and learn like we might do but they mght take risks or get careless and get seen in the process.
But if i'm right what you saw was more than likely what you really wanted to see but if i'm wrong then you have my apologies.

Hula.

RevDavid

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
hula said:

NewsFlash - you tar peoples experiences with your obviously strong religious convictions. NO ONE can adequately apply with proof a system of belief to answer those unexplained phenomena that people experience.
I'm curious to see if you'd be comfortable with the notion of re-introducing the practice of witch-finding in order to locate 'the devil' - hiding in the weaker souls of people?
I am not religious or weak minded. I've never heard voices or seen visions. I don't do drugs and only drink rarely and I recognise an aircraft when I see one.
So don't tell me I was tricked because that's rich coming from a man whose been taken in by religion and therefore prepared to believe more fantastical stories than there are in the Lord of the rings!

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to get nasty.
By the way... I am not weak minded, but I most certainly do believe in God.

David <><

RevDavid

Enlightened

Craig,
sounds like you have had several cool (and sometimes frightening) experiences.
Thanks for sharing. I think what you saw would defy normal natural explanations. I have never seen anything that definitive, though I did have a very strange sighting once. I was looking at the stars through binoculars from our deck in Boulder, Colorado when I was in college. I saw something dark pass in front of the stars. It was quite large, or else it was moving very slowly. I heard no sound, and it had no lights. You are the first person I have ever heard that had another dark flying object experience.
I think that mine could have been a bird, possibly... I have nearly been hit by ducks winging through a gap in a chain of ponds I used to night fish for bass, on several different occasions. I just happened to stand in that gap because I could cast to several nice spots from there. If it was a bird, it was quite close to me, from the apparent section of stars that was darkened. I think the apparent motion was too slow, but it could have been gliding. A large owl would be a possibility. I have wondered about it from time to time. That was in 1982, by the way.
Your sightings absolutely defy that explanation. You are a very good observer of details too, by the way. If you see something again, I hope you have the camera, though your PS simulation was very nice. It gives a great impression of what you saw.
Thanks again,

David <><