Differences between the Eagletac T20C2 and P20C2?

Dillo0

Newly Enlightened
After reading many threads here about the two lights, I am wondering what the differences between the two are. If someone has the two, maybe side by side pictures would be nice. These are similarities that I see between them:
Aluminum construction
Can accept replacement LED modules
Tail mounted switches
HA III anodizing

Also, what is the difference between a "tactical" or "personal" light, at least per Eagletac's definition? Also, are there quirks about these lights that would be interesting to note?

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
T20c2 fits 18650, and is brighter because it's larger and handles more heat.
The P20c2 is narrower so only a 17650 can fit.
The modules are different for both, the smaller batteries fit the same in both.

Dillo0

Newly Enlightened
That's interesting, I might consider the T20C2 as my next light since I can use 18650 cells in it.

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened
the T has a bigger head more accesories bigger heavier stronger and much faster.. and more expensive.
the g25c2 is a different beast in its own.. i want it!:candle:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I wish I'd bought the t20c2, though the p20c2 is nice, I like using 18650's and the extra lumens would be sweet too

kreisler

Banned
on paper the main difference is the power source (2x CR123 vs. 1x 18650/2x CR123).
in practice, they differ by popularity: T20 sells much better than the P20. The T20 has more dropin-moduls, more accessories, more expensive, has better looks, and was the 1x 18650 flagship model of Eagtac until the G25 entered the scene.

In the D-series Eagtac did the same: for each possible battery combination they released a D-series model..

Dillo0

Newly Enlightened
On another note, on the Eagletac website, it appears that they are updating the page for the P. It's been this way for a few weeks. Is this an indication of anything? Also, how often does Eagletac update its models?

kreisler

Banned
The T20, their old flagship 1x 18650 model, got refined over the years by mini hardware revisions. Many flashlight companies do it (Fenix LD20 R5 -> Fenix LD20 R5 Premium; ZL SC600 original release -> ZL SC600 updated releases; Xeno E03 V2 -> Xeno E03 V3). In the course of that time they also updated the default drop-in module and depending on the order date you always got the latest emitter version (T20 XML -> T20 XML Turbo).
See the XP-G S2, XM-L U2 emitters in their products?
Surefire and Fenix release new products with XP-G R5 emitters.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife and I are ET users. Like the lights and sales networks quite a bit. However, the ET main website is generally a little behind the times and needs updated more often than it is.

They update their products every few months I guess or when a major change hits the market. IE when XML came out, wasnt long till the T20 had an XML drop in available. Then it was updated a month or so after that to the newer XML-HO. I still prefer the XPG-R5, my wife prefers the XML-HO. I think the XRE module is still the best thrower.

Due to its slightly smaller size, some prefer the P20 for that reason. The T20 is fine for us. Having had ours for a long time, they are easy to use once you get the hang of it. Wife doesn't like the clip, then again she doesn't like them on any of her lights. I do like the clip on mine. Easy to maintain, just a bit of lube and cleaning once in a while.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
I have the P20C2 but no T20C2. I have sometimes thought about ordering one but never got there.
I believe there are many things the T20C2 does better than P20C2 - brighter, 18650 versus 17670, throwier beam, sturdier maybe, more dropins to choise from, better if you want to mount it on a weapon.
But it is also bigger and heavier and if the P20C2 gives you enough output and runtime it's a great light.
My P20C2 NW has a nice beam, nice neutral tint, runtime more than enough for me and I can have it in my jacket pocket without noticing it.