• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: vestureofblood tripple sst90 magmod

abinok

Newly Enlightened
Up for sale is a triple sst90 magmod from the workbench of vestureofblood. It's in a black 3d mag host, with direct driven emitters wired in parallel to be driven from 3x nimh d cells.
Essentially, its the nimh version of the light listed here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...in-emitters)&p=3753152&highlight=#post3753152

The batteries I was using in it are 12000 mah cta cells that are several years old and sag heavily under load, and as a result I required 4 cells, which I accomplished with a fivemega 1D extender. 3 D cells drive it to only 8-9 amp total putting it at about 3000 lumens. Driven using 4 the current is about 20-21 Amp, and 5000-6000 lumens. Current production cells can drive it to full power using only 3 cells.

Light is $190 shipped in the USA
Need a 1d extender? It's $20

abinok

Newly Enlightened
Reduced to $180 shipped

IMAG0724.jpg

IMAG0721.jpg

IMAG0723.jpg

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bump for a very very bright light.

Since this light is still not even 6 months old I will extend the warranty against reasonable defect to the next owner. :)

jfl

Newly Enlightened
Thanks fellas. I don't often catch a break, but this time I was fortunate! When I receive the light, I'll let you know how it is...

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

After having received multiple PMs about this light I feel the need to mention one thing to onlookers. For those of you planning to build a light like this its important to note that while the host appears mostly stock the switch has been replaced. Factory Mag switch is only good for about an 10 amp load. This light has a switch that is able to carry the equivalent of 375 watts.

Enjoy your light jfl.