Can someone revive this?

theslippyslug

Enlightened
Hi All,
I've had this aleph, e-series compatible setup for years and the SSC output now looks a bit tired when compared to more recent lights. As a result, this light always gets left at home - even my bike light has brighter output! Any suggestions on what I can get into this head and who could do it? Oh, ...the body won't take an 18650

Thanks!

S8002021.jpg

S8002024.jpg

S8002025.jpg

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have a new LE build, say a GD 1A board with a XPG
I believe Wayne can change the sense resistors for higher output but I am not sure
what is the maximum output current.
Send member Datiled a PM ;)

As for the body, I dont think it can be bored for a 18650 cell so your stuck with a 17670 cell

easilyled

Flashaholic
A McGizmo "6V" Haiku or Makai XPG L.E would work well in an Aleph-1 head. (you can use 2 CR123 or 2RCR123s in the Pineapple body with this LE)

I have this set-up for mine. It just needs a thin washer to isolate the solder pads on the LE to prevent shorting.
This can be cut from a plastic sheet or you might ask Don (McGizmo) to make you a Delrin washer for this purpose.

Here is a picture of my Aleph-1 (on the right) with this L.E which is 3-speed and supplies 1A on high. It produces a very nice focussed beam:-

IMG_2636.jpg