Should I carry and use my Sunwayman V10 Ti2???

Judgedog

Newly Enlightened
I received #24/89 Gold today. The finish on mine appears to be nearly perfect, with no visible scrapes, scratches or dings. I realize from another thread that I am fortunate.

My question is simple: Should I drop this bad boy in my pocket and use it regularly, or keep it pristine?

I have never bought a flashlight as an investment...rather as a lighting tool or as a "toy". When I bought this, I really intended to put the clip on it and put it in my pocket...but now I am having reservations!

Let me know what you all think?

egrep

Enlightened
Get Dan at Thor's Hammer leather to make you a custom holster worthy of your light and EDC that bad boy!

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or buy an HA V10r for EDC. Meanwhile put your gold V10r into a cabinet and sell it in the marketplace in a few months for $400?

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received #24/89 Gold today. The finish on mine appears to be nearly perfect, with no visible scrapes, scratches or dings. I realize from another thread that I am fortunate.

My question is simple: Should I drop this bad boy in my pocket and use it regularly, or keep it pristine?

I have never bought a flashlight as an investment...rather as a lighting tool or as a "toy". When I bought this, I really intended to put the clip on it and put it in my pocket...but now I am having reservations!

Let me know what you all think?

Congrats on your perfect specimen of a light! :)

If you are a collector, by all means, put it in a display case or mount it on the wall or something.

If not, and you dont mind getting scratches, dings on it, then by all means, EDC it. :)

Personally, if i had one of those, i'd get a regular V10R and that's what i'd EDC. I'd just take out the limited edition Ti2 to WOW people. haha

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
my V10R Ti sat in the box for months before i used it. im a warm tint junkie, so i was waiting until i could mod it.
then i heard SWM was coming out with another batch of Ti models. i decided to try it out, and even with its cool tint i loved it. it even knocked my high CRI HDS out of my pocket.

now that i have a high CRI XP-G in it, and a lot of scratches, it gets treated like any other of my work lights, and is enjoyed even more.

if you still cant do it, get the alumium model, and try it out. only complaint i have with my Ti model is it gets hot fairly quickly on high modes.
the alumium version would help with that.

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
If it's a pristine gold Ti2, display it. If it's a black one, EDC it for nice casual wear and for average casual wear, a Ti R5. And of coarse the V10R T6 for work wear.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw that thread as well about a bunch of them getting scratched up, and yeah, it looks like you are lucky.

You might be able to get in touch with someone who has a scratched up one and intended it to be a collector piece instead of a user. You could probably find someone willing to give you a bit of money to trade them your nice one for their scratched up one. Then they get a collector piece and you get a user, and everybody wins!

Craig K

Enlightened
I don't think I would carry it I would keep it in the box or on a shelf.

Judgedog

Newly Enlightened
I missed out on these when they were originally offered...thanks to the generosity of many people, I was able to score mine in an auction on the USN. I don't have any intention of selling/trading it!!! I have a lot of lights, so I think at least for now I will keep this in its pristine condition!!! Thanks for all of the input and ideas!!!

Lumenato

Newly Enlightened
I had the same dilemma before (although not about lights as i'm a big knife fan). I figure, though, that you should do what brings you most enjoyment. If it is knowing it's in pristine condition that floats your boat, do it. If it's the enjoyment of using the beauty, do it. Personally, i think tools are just that. Even if it's expensive, it's meant to be used!