AA Question

blademan

Enlightened
Does any make a single mode rear click light that runs on a AA for about 5 to 6 hours? I know it would have to be about 40 to 50 lumens.
I have several multi mode lights and I would like a simple light.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do a search and you will come up with a post all about AA lights,it carries tests-pics and all the info you will ever need.

vickers214

Enlightened
As above, and how about an eagle tac p10a,2 modes, leave the head loose and off the top of my head 38 lumens and about the run time you require or a quark tactical and program it to what you want?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does any make a single mode rear click light that runs on a AA for about 5 to 6 hours? I know it would have to be about 40 to 50 lumens.

There's literally three of us around here who've been looking for this light, which understandably is not enough demand for any manufacturer to justify. I still check back in every so often hoping for something like an updated L1P, an AA solitaire, AA e05, AA body for an extra low malkoff module, tailstandable Romisen, or for Peak to start making single mode low output lights again, but unfortunately everything's headed in the opposite direction- every light now either has to be all things to all users, or the "WORLD'S MOST (something)" per battery type.

Looking like single mode general use AA's like the L1P are a thing of the past. /1st world problems

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd suggest Fenix E10(55 lumens, 3hr 30mins., single mode, Philips Luxeon Rebel LED) is old light, but sturdy EDC one.

blademan

Enlightened
I would like a programmable light smaller than the 4 sevens tactical. Make it the size on an L1-P and I would buy three.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe a non conventional answer, but how about an incandescent Mini MagLite (AA) with an LED drop in, Ultra clear glass lens upgrade and a rear clicky.

Run it on 2 Lithium primaries and it should offer up good usable light, compact size and long run times.

nanucq

Newly Enlightened
Sunwayman M10A, 40 Lumens for 10 hours, clickie and magnetic ring for mode selection.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not exactly what you asked for, but if you get the Quark AA Tactical you could come close to your request. The AA Tactical has two settings that you program (head tight & head loose) with five output options & three blinky modes to choose from. You could program one of the settings to the medium output setting which is 22 lumens, and will run for 6 hours on an alkaline AA. It'd run a lot longer on a lithium. No cycling through other output modes with this light. It's simply head tight (maybe max) or head loose (maybe medium,) and you turn it on & off with a forward clicky switch.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
It might be easier to look for a multimode light in which the 1st click is what you want.

Fenix E11 head loose 32 lumens 8 hours 23 min (Fenix). $27

Xeno E03 1st click medium 4 hr 42 min (selfbuilt). $30

-

There are AAA options as well (you want no bigger than L1P) but they are usually twisty and runtime closer to 3 hours than 5.

Fenix E05 27 lumens 3 hours (Fenix). $20

Fenix LD01 27 lumens 3.5 hours (Fenix). $36

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
As above, and how about an eagle tac p10a,2 modes, leave the head loose and off the top of my head 38 lumens and about the run time you require or a quark tactical and program it to what you want?
The P10A has been unavailable everywhere for about 2 years. Or do you know of a site where it can be purchased?

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that you said you wanted a single mode UI, but I would suggest a Solarforce L2r with a 3 mode H-M-L XP=G drop in. You get the best of all worlds with a long run time on low mode.

Or just get a Sunwayman V20A (2AA) or V10A (AA) R5 with infinite adjustablilty and long run times, and you can totally drain the batteries. You get from 1 to 210 lumens with a rotation of the switch.

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd suggest Fenix E10(55 lumens, 3hr 30mins., single mode, Philips Luxeon Rebel LED) is old light, but sturdy EDC one.

You suggest a light with a runtime of 3 hr 30 minutes when the poster clearly wanted a light with 5 to 6 hours.What is that all about?

timbo114

Enlightened
MLT1WAAE

energizer1aa-clip-moved.jpg

http://www.fullsource.com/pdf_downloads/mlt1waae.pdf

Last edited:

davecroft

Enlightened
You suggest a light with a runtime of 3 hr 30 minutes when the poster clearly wanted a light with 5 to 6 hours.What is that all about?

I think it's a fair suggestion - it meets 3 out of 4 of the OP's requirements. As leon stated, the exact light that the OP is looking for probably doesn't exist.

I'd second the Fenix E11, a great light for the money. But oh no, hold on, it's got 2 modes......

blademan

Enlightened
I'll amend the requirements! It can be two mode! I had a L1 t modded with a xpe I should have kept. I would like to mod the driver to be around 40 lumens.--
I think I'll order the Fenix E-11.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's a fair suggestion - it meets 3 out of 4 of the OP's requirements. As leon stated, the exact light that the OP is looking for probably doesn't exist.

I'd second the Fenix E11, a great light for the money. But oh no, hold on, it's got 2 modes......

Next time I ask a question I will have to make sure I point out I want an answer to what I ask only.:nana: