• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired (All Sold): XP-G Haiku BB | Price Drop - Delghi Ti Iris 2-tone w/ Blue Ano Rings

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am trying to re-focus much of my life around more productive pursuits and more family time. As such, many of my beautiful and rarer lights are going to need to find new homes. It has been a pleasure collecting many of these lights, and even more so modding them. (Don't worry - I'm still keeping a few treasures for myself :sssh:)

As always, first posted "I'll take it!" gets the item.

PP purchase option only. I absorb fees. Priority CONUS USPS or fist class int'l shipping included.

1) This first light is probably the hardest for me to let go because I consider it my best mod ever. This McGizmo was purchased originally as a XR27 Ti-PD. It was adequate for it's purpose but could be made much better. So with a swap to a McR 27S reflector and replacement of the XR-E with a perfectly centered XP-G R4-5C1 neutral this light was nearly perfect. What could make it better? A nice boost, by Datiled, to the drive level from 525mA on high to 833mA. This light is really bright, can still run on CR123 or RCR123, has amazing throw for its size and a beam that I can just shine on the wall and smile at. How do you make it better? Add a Black Sharkskin AOTH holster purchased just a short while ago from shado (so you know its top quality in great shape). The quality of the light is very good to excellent. It was carried a bit so it does have some light marks on it, but not deep scrapes, gouges or dings. Green trit in the tail. Price $850 SOLD
XR27_PD_1.JPG

XR27_PD_2.JPG

2) Next is a Slate McGizmo PD-S with a Ti Bezel. The LED has been upgraded to a lovely vanilla white XP-G with a S2 flux and a 2B tint. This was a very hard to find LED that I managed to obtain just a small handful of from Cutter before they sold out. The beam is sweet and has no green or blue/purple in it - just nice soft vanilla tint white. Green trit in the tail. The light is mint condition. Price $340 SOLD
PD-S_Slate_1.JPG

PD-S_Slate_2.JPG

3) Next is a HA McGizmo PD-S. Amazing natural HA color on this light. The HA on the head is just a touch darker than the body, but I understand it's hard to find a perfect match. Both the LED and reflector on this light were swapped. The LED was swapped out to a 90+ Hi-CRI Q2 XP-G mated with a McR20 reflector. This combo give the light a slightly tighter spot than the standard McR20S reflector with wonderful spill. The HiCRI XP-G gives the beam a wonderful warm color in line with the natural color of the HA and begs for camping and forest duty. Green trit in the tail. This light is in mint condition. Price $375 SOLD w/ R4-5C1 mod choice.
(Note: I am going to offer to swap the LED for either a XP-G R4-5C1 neutral or a R5-2B cool white for the buyer at their choice.)

PD-S_HA_1.JPG

PD-S_HA_2.JPG

4) Finally up is a 2-tone Titanium Delghi Iris I purchase about a month or two ago to see what the Iris' are all about. Ti body with blue anodized rings. A wonderful light with a great beam. The LED is R5 cool whit and 100% as I purchased it in mint condition.
A better picture can be found in the sales thread where I purchased it. Item #5 here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?324675-Sold-McGizmo-Lunasols-Spy-007-Delghi-Irises
Price $425 Now $410 SOLD
Delghi_Iris.JPG

5) Just added 12/26 - Modded McGizmo Haiku BB in neutral tint. Beautiful Ti light in excellent condition, awesome bead blasted finish, etched Ti clip. To make this light more my own I've modified a few of Don's settings. The LED was re-flowed to a neutral R4-5C1 tint. Although a fan of the 3-level UI on the Haiku, I am not a huge fan of the PWM on lo and med and I have a preference for slightly different levels. As such, I replaced the main driver with a Sandwich Shoppe GDuP fully current controlled driver running at 10mA / 225 mA / 900 mA. IMO this gives the light a lower low, a more useful medium for most every day usage and a boosted high that has wonderful punch and throw with Dons wonderful reflector; and, the light is still fully capable of running on both a primary CR123 or a LiIon RCR123 cell.
This light was $475 new and the mods totaled $50 but this is still a production light so it would just be wrong to ask more than I paid for the light itself.
Price $460 SOLD
Haiku_Neutral_GDuP_1.JPG

Last edited:

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: Delghi Ti Iris and a few McGizmo PDs

• XR27_PD_2.JPG

2) Next is a Slate McGizmo PD-S with a Ti Bezel. The LED has been upgraded to a lovely vanilla white XP-G with a S2 flux and a 2B tint. This was a very hard to find LED that I managed to obtain just a small handful of from Cutter before they sold out. The beam is sweet and has no green or blue/purple in it - just nice soft vanilla tint white. Green trit in the tail. The light is mint condition (I'll Take it)....Thanks...Robert. Sean, i don't know what happen on this post but i just wan't #2...Thanks.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Robert - you are my favorite buyer. :)

You're going to love this light. The beam is just flawless and with the S2 flux it gets quite a bump in lumens.
I think it was either you or coloradogps I got that HA from originally as well.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Palpal sent for the Slate PD-S...Thank you, Sean and MERRY CHRISTMAS.......Robert.

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Both HA PD-s and Iris looks beautiful and wonderful !!!
Good luck with your sales. :)

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Someone buy the HA-PD-S, I bought a Makai from and modded by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond, it fantastic and I looked at the first item here for ~20 minutes before I just had to walk away. I already have 2 PDs so while I don't need another one...... I highly recommend ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you for the comments.

Yes - someone please buy this light before I change my mind and withdraw it.

As a little incentive - I just found this in my parts bin (forgot I had it) - I will throw in a 3 - trit bezel ring with the HA PD. Not sure which light I got this with and I don't think it's Ti. No trits installed, but spaces for 3 trits at 120* increments around the side.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Update on the HA PD. I am thinking that the HiCRI LED may be a turn off to some (or rather have a smaller audience of followers). I am going to offer to swap the LED for either a XP-G R4-5C1 neutral or a R5-2B cool white for the buyer at their choice. It'll take an extra day or two to get the light out, but opens up options for anyone interested.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sean, That HA PD is getting harder to resist and i know how great a modder you are.....Robert.

milomilo

Newly Enlightened

I'll take the 2-tone Titanium Delghi Iris. Please pm pp details. Thanks! David

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast

Resistance is futile

I'll take the HA PD-S

PM incoming

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast

:paypal:

Many Thanks

EDIT forgot to ask, is the PD-S ok with rechargeable 123 cells ?

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry Robert, Wai has got this one. :) SOLD.

But, I'll have another one posted in this thread later tonight to torture you with...............:shrug:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: Added - XP-G Haiku BB | Price Drop - Delghi Ti Iris 2-tone w/ Blue Ano Rings

PP purchase option only. I absorb fees. Priority CONUS USPS or fist class int'l shipping included.

]

5) Just added 12/26 - Modded McGizmo Haiku BB in neutral tint. Beautiful Ti light in excellent condition, awesome bead blasted finish, etched Ti clip. To make this light more my own I've modified a few of Don's settings. The LED was re-flowed to a neutral R4-5C1 tint. Although a fan of the 3-level UI on the Haiku, I am not a huge fan of the PWM on lo and med and I have a preference for slightly different levels. As such, I replaced the main driver with a Sandwich Shoppe GDuP fully current controlled driver running at 10mA / 225 mA / 900 mA. IMO this gives the light a lower low, a more useful medium for most every day usage and a boosted high that has wonderful punch and throw with Dons wonderful reflector; and, the light is still fully capable of running on both a primary CR123 or a LiIon RCR123 cell.
This light was $475 new and the mods totaled $50 but this is still a production light so it would just be wrong to ask more than I paid for the light itself.
Price $460
Haiku_Neutral_GDuP_1.JPG

Yikes - I will take it!!! Not much of a windows to do a quote in - just the Haiku. Will need to start selling stuff this week.

Please pm me your pp info & I will get PP out first thing in am as I am planning on heading to bed soon.