Need some help with my first Maglite 6D mod

MrNoPain

Newly Enlightened
Im actually attenpting to do two different maglite mods at the same time.
This will be my first flashlight mods ever :thinking:

The first one is a 2D maglite, im going to mod it with XM-L T6, SSC P7 LED Driver from KD (# S005296), 32650 5500mAh batteries and a voltage meter.
Im using Jayrobs FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 maglite mod as an ispiration and reference for this first mod.
I have ordered and are waiting for the parts for this project.

But this post is about the 6D maglite im trying to mod.
I was thinking of using 6 powerfull Nimh D cells, XM-L T6, my selfmade turned heatsink and maybe the same SSC P7 LED Driver from KD but im not sure if the driver will work with Nimh.

Im not sure which Nimh batteries is the best for this project or if i should use something else like LiPo, but i would like to have a very long runtime.
I will probably not use high mode for long periods 10-15 minutes maybe per charge but i need to have about 50% or little less off the light for several hours.
Any suggestions on a better driver or LED and good batteries for this project?

Im also thinking of making some kind of connector to be able to charge the batteries without removing them from the maglite.
Any suggestions on a charger and wiring for this?

Any other thoughts or suggestions about this project?
What i want is a light capable of delivering as much light as possible for very long periods 6-9 hours preferably.
Im going to use this light in the woods and underground in big tunnel systems so i need to be able to change the focus.
A friend of mine is using a Led Lenser P17 and im very impressed by its performance, its perfect in the tunnels but i would like some more light when used in the forest.

CMAG

Enlightened
Im also thinking of making some kind of connector to be able to charge the batteries without removing them from the maglite.
Any suggestions on a charger and wiring for this?

if lipos get a ballance charger (hobby type) and set your pack up with a ballance plug
you may get a better response in the battery forum to your questions

MrNoPain

Newly Enlightened
Ballance charger and lipos sounds interesting.
I will look after some more info on that in the battery forum.
Thanx