• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Super Lux flashlights (#2 PRICE DROP!)

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

These lights are some that I built/used for experimental purposes so there is some minor wear and imperfections on them.

On the far right is a simple aspherical mag. Its an XPE R4 driven to 1.4A with a 50mm lens, and is focusable. Its powered by 3C cells ( not included) It measures 75,000 lux.

Price is $59 shipped SOLD!

In the center is a big head 3D mag with an XRE R2. The emitter is soldered to a copper slug, and uses a combination of 2 lenses. This is basically a fixed focus light. Its powered by 4 C nimh cells ( not included). It has 2 modes low and high. It can fire 250,000+ lux for extended periods of time.

Price is $109 Shipped SOLD!

Finally on the far left is a can light that I made. This light uses a series of 3 lenses in combination. The emitter is a de-domed XML driven to 4.2A on a massive heat sink. The light is powered by 4 AA nimh cells (not included). Its 2 mode low high. This light is fully focusable. The beam is brightest at the bottom edge and reads 450,000 Lux. The center is a little dimmer visibly but still measures 270K

Price is $109>$99>$89 Shipped!SOLD!

My camera cannot take any kind of picture over a few hundred yards so about all I can do for beam shots is pics in the air from a foggy night.

Here is one of the XRE R2 mag. The beam is slightly narrower than this now because of some tweaking.

Here is one of the XML

PP is vesture_of_blood(@)hotmail.com

Last edited:

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Super Lux flashlights.

are you interested in a trade for the 3d big head mag.

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi hron,

I am mostly getting rid of stuff at this time, but I guess for the right item I'd trade. Shoot me a PM with what you have. :)

RCantor

Enlightened

These are truely awesome lights! The XML runs on 4AA?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks RC,

Yes the XML has a battery box fastened to the internal housing for the cells like you would seen in say an RC car.

cummins4x4

Enlightened

It is a 6 volt pack with 4 cells that appear to be C size but a bit shorter. I will measure the length when I get back home tomorrow.

RCantor

Enlightened

It's not practical for me to own any of these but I love them. Would you tell me what lenses you used in the XML and how you focus it? Thanks!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is a 6 volt pack with 4 cells that appear to be C size but a bit shorter. I will measure the length when I get back home tomorrow.

Ok, I am going to guess that those cells are NICAD. Fully charged that pack is probly like 6.5-7.5 volts. The absolute limit of the driver board is 6V. The board is well heat sinked, but I still think that may be too much for it.

You could possibly get by with the pack if you dont full charge it. Just charge it to like 5.5V and run it.

It's not practical for me to own any of these but I love them. Would you tell me what lenses you used in the XML and how you focus it? Thanks!

Sure. The lenses are all harvested from a projector screen TV. They sit in a housing together and that entire housing slides in and out when you twist it thus giving focusability.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

XPE light is Sold to Illum.

Only the 450,000+ lux can light remains.

EDIT: cummins4x4 order shipped.

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, your light could run on Alks rather than NIMH, it would be a little bit waste full because the driver just burns off the extra voltage over about 3.7-3.9V.

450K Lux light still available.