Black Diamond battery assist needed

krutj

Newly Enlightened
I've looked for the replacement battery and can only find it with the charging system and three times the cost of a battery pack. Can anyone recommend a replacement? Found a site for packs w/o connectors and don't really know what this headlamp needs, other than 3.6v NiMH.

I'm sure this is a typical noob post and sorry for that, I'm more educated in auto lighting and figured you folks would be able to help or point me to a link/site...

Thanks and Merry Christmas....

robostudent5000

Enlightened
it would help to know more about which headlamp and which battery pack you're talking about.

if it's the NRG pack and you're using it in something like the old Icon, i think you can just sub 3 AA Nimh batteries in there. 4 AA Eneloops and a charger costs about $20 (Amazon and many other places). Eneloops are LSD Nimh's, last for far more charges than regular Nimh's, and are worth it.

krutj

Newly Enlightened
There's no identifying model on the battery pack, got the AA NiMH batteries and charger, was trying to get a pack for it, but thinking it's not worth the hassle. Thanks, I'll use the AA's.

tomcatacec

Newly Enlightened