V10R TI Torture Test?

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine was a birthday present from the wife, I'm not going to abuse it on purpose - it is however my edc so it will get dropped, and all scratched up.

I would love to see SWM put a couple up for destruction testing, much like fenix did a few years back

Will keep watching this space

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why does people always like to see others volunteer their beloved lights to the torture test and not do the community a service by being the first to volunteer?

bansuri

Enlightened
I've taken a few apart for modding and can tell you that it's not a light that I would put up for a torture test.
It's a great light, but not in the same league as some of the lights that are designed for rough use.
Lens is thin. Broke one putting the bezel back on. 20x1mm, hard to find replacement that thin.
Driver is held on by one screw. Use care when putting it back on, it's easy enough to crush the tiny choke mounted on the edge of the board where it looks like they were originally going to put screw #2.
The driver is just run of the mill surface-mounted components, not potted, I wouldn't expect any more out of this than any other light.
That said, I'm sure the body is strong enough to be run over by a car, but that's not much of a test any more.
It's an awesome light with a fantastic interface, I own one and don't think twice about carrying it for normal use, not so much if I was an extreme environment kind of guy. I've always got an HDS if the need arises.
Just to clarify: It's an awesome light, just not one I'd swing around on the end of a rope like an HDS Twisty.

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
Well lets see now, I could get with Sunwayman and get them to give me a Ti for the test and when I get it I could give it a real world toture test. I'll take pictures and document everything. I'll go easy on it starting with running it over with my Cummins 2500 2x4, and if should still work I could take it to the condo I was working on and :oops: drop it from some of the higher floors letting it :eek: bounce off of all kinds of stuff like balconies, tower crane frame, lumber, bricks, scafolding and maybe the edge of a dumpster before it hits the ground.
Now if it should work after all that I'll get a hold of a 345 Cat Excavator, :naughty: put the Ti in the dirt in front of it and proceed to track over it in all directions a few times.
If it should still work after all that I could get some u-bolts and attach if to the rubber tracks of my friends halftrack buggy :devil: and romp around in the muck and water in the Everglades for a while.
If it should still work, I know it will look like hell and it just might need a new lens and a fresh battey but I'll keep it and use it for my work EDC. :laughing:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you just voluntered. Looking forward to the results.
Norm

+

Perfectly said

Once Shooter21 is done throwing it around for a few days,,putting it his turkey fryer strait from the freezer,
we all really want to know how he likes it.

Shooter21

Enlightened
I've taken a few apart for modding and can tell you that it's not a light that I would put up for a torture test.
It's a great light, but not in the same league as some of the lights that are designed for rough use.
Lens is thin. Broke one putting the bezel back on. 20x1mm, hard to find replacement that thin.
Driver is held on by one screw. Use care when putting it back on, it's easy enough to crush the tiny choke mounted on the edge of the board where it looks like they were originally going to put screw #2.
The driver is just run of the mill surface-mounted components, not potted, I wouldn't expect any more out of this than any other light.
That said, I'm sure the body is strong enough to be run over by a car, but that's not much of a test any more.
It's an awesome light with a fantastic interface, I own one and don't think twice about carrying it for normal use, not so much if I was an extreme environment kind of guy. I've always got an HDS if the need arises.
Just to clarify: It's an awesome light, just not one I'd swing around on the end of a rope like an HDS Twisty.
that says it all, now i know i should be more careful with the V10r.