Where are novatac today?

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
www.novatac.com ... Don't expect anything completely new or even slightly different than what they have now. They kicked their designer/engineer (Henry of HDS) rudely out the door. So unless the can find the world's next best flashlight designer/engineer I doubt they will come up with anything new. They are still peddling the now rather low output (120 Lumen) by today's standards LED flashlight. I still like my Novatacs and find them very useful but I think they are living off their current LEO sales.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
www.novatac.com ... Don't expect anything completely new or even slightly different than what they have now. They kicked their designer/engineer (Henry of HDS) rudely out the door. So unless the can find the world's next best flashlight designer/engineer I doubt they will come up with anything new. They are still peddling the now rather low output (120 Lumen) by today's standards LED flashlight. I still like my Novatacs and find them very useful but I think they are living off their current LEO sales.
So thats why HDS lights look so much like Novatac lights. I didn't know that lol.

bullterrier

Enlightened
+1 i still edc mine Novatac 120p witch i bought when it come out.
it is a good light like you say but 120 lumen today is not to be exited about.
i woud be happy with +250 lumen otf.

bullterrier

Enlightened
Is NovaTac still in business? Their website hasn't been updated in a long time, and their phone and fax lines are disconnected.

i didn't know that.
but if i don't mistaken me there was a rumor of new lights coming out.
was not that the reason why the vendors lowered the price on novatac products?

duro

Enlightened
See my post from way back. I did some detective work and discovered they're being sued.

Cato

Newly Enlightened
Too bad, their UI was the best in the market, really intuitive. Got a lumapower incendio xml today - 500 lumen but a sucking UI.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
this does not bode well for my incoming Storm and 120E. sucks to be a noob. :oops:

Got some good news for you and some bad news.

The Storm is crap. But if we're talking an older Novatac 120E, then that one is indeed an excellent light. The older Novatac models (85E, 85T, 85P, 120E, 120T, 120P) those are the quality-made models that earned Novatac the excellent reputation they had before they basically threw it all away with these newer, sub-standard, models. One out of two isn't bad.

If the Search feature yields nothing when researching a particular light from a particular company, then feel free to ask by making a new topic.

Latest posts