Is my SR92 tint abnormal?

Hoop

Enlightened
My SR92 has a bit of greenish yellow tint to it, as seen in the pictures below. There are three distinct coronas to the beam, the outside one being a pure white, and the inside two being yellowish/green. This is evident in the field shot as well as the wall shot. I posted an SR90 shot for comparison. :naughty:

Edit: the barn is approximately 380 feet away.

hoopsr92ceilingshot.jpg

hoopsr92fieldshot.jpg

SR90:
hoopsr90fieldshot.jpg

Last edited:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many of the XM-L LEDs seem to exhibit this two tone tint, with the inner spot tending towards a slight yellowish/green, so no, I would not consider it abnormal.

I don't know if this two tone tint is the result of the XM-L or the way the reflector is designed.

My Zebralight SC600 shows the same phenomena. I corrected the center spot back to a neutral tint using a light magenta filter, but this did add a slightly cool tint to the spill.

hellokitty[hk]

Enlightened
XM-Ls have a yellower band on the edge of the beam.
When used with a reflector, it gets focused into the middle, as you see.

Soda

Newly Enlightened
My M1Xm has a bit of a greenish tint. I think it's normal with XMLs.

Hoop

Enlightened
I couldn't decide which light I wanted so I got both. It's unfortunate that the reviews of the SR92 that I read and the videos I watched did not mention or show signs of the tint. I can see how others might not care so much because it isn't really all that pronounced but I do not prefer it over the consistent cool white of the SST-90 led. I can just use the diffuser if I need more flood.... I don't think I'll be buying any more XML lights... The SR90 diffuser fits perfectly on the SR92 btw.