Serious Led Lenser L7 Issue

Bachac88

Newly Enlightened
To the Led Lenser haters, yeah I know I shoulda bought a Surefire. I have three. I thought that I could use a cheaper alternative for everyday use.

To the Led Lenser believers................HELP!!!!

I bought this a couple of months ago....and wow!! I really liked it. The first night I had it I was out with some friends and returning to my car I shone it on the car as I approached looking for assailants as well as anything that might be near it that might cause damage as I moved out. My first thought was how clear everything seemed to be, lots of detail. Totally satisfied I put it away with others I collected so that if my three or so regular flashlights go Kaput!! I will have that to rely on.

So today I took the box out of the closet in my air conditioned bedroom to get one of the smaller flashlights I had and to my utter horror I saw a piece of plastic in the box. Because of the texture on the plastic I immediately knew it was from the L7. I usually defend Led Lenser with others who have said that they are cheap and over priced. Having never dropped the flashlight (which it should survive anyway) and only using the light once in 5 months, the time I have owned the flashlight, I am deeply, deeply disappointed in the company.

Can anyone direct me to a site that I could buy a replacement cap? I tried the LL site but the email address did not work. Is it really this bad?

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
not going to type anything serious, You are learning the hard way
just one argument: 3*AAA --> NO

but how about where You got the light from?
They should take care on You; aftersales service.

spc smith

Enlightened
I dont really have anything against a good budget light. One of my fellow soldiers bought one of those LED LENSER from the PX while in training, spot to flood and he loves it! But for me of myself, flashlights and the betterment of my obsession deeply entrenches me into further reviews and research. I dont settle for whats just on the rack at the store, and im not saying you do either...but there are some fantastic lights out there that i never knew about until entered into the online market.

I hardly if ever see Fenix products at the store or gunshop. I dont think ive ever seen Olight sold anywhere except online. LED LENSER are good lights just keep your sites open tothe online market as well.:):)

Bachac88

Newly Enlightened
Fellow Flashlight Crazies!! I appreciate the support. I need a support group right now i think.
It appears after sales service is non functional at the place I bought it. I didn't think that the light would self destruct!!!! It's :scowl: aggravating, annoying and downright :mad:!!!!
Sigh and to make it worse on Christmas day I dropped my Inova Radiant AA, which I've had for three years, I did not realize til later that night that the holding ring at the head of the flashlight popped off somewhere and now the whole led module is being pushed out by the batteries and spring. I can't find that retaining ring, the flashlight is Kaput!!:mad::(:scowl:

Oh and to make it worse four days before Christmas I crashed my brand new Syma S107 helicopter and the Connecting Buckle popped off somewhere, leaving the copter unflyable. Is that even a word?
And the stupid store I bought it at does not have parts, so I ordered it on Amazon AND they lost it in the mail.:(:scowl::mad::mad:

I can't wait for 2011 to end.

Oh by the way FlashKat I already checked Battery Junction where I bought my Lumintop and Olight, they do not have parts. They sent me to the Led Lenser site but the email address is bogus.

SPC Smith your buddy with the LL will probably come out of WWIII with the Led Lenser intact, with my luck the lens of my SureFire G2X Pro would probably pop out while I'm about to rest it down on the Goose down cushion on the little woman's overstuffed sofa. Sigh!!

Yellow you are right no more 3AAA for me only single cells, only metal flashlights, with bullet proof lenses and steel belted push button switches and Magnesium/Mercury LEDs running on micro Radium based nuclear reactors, RRoar!!! Woooah!!!

Bachac88

Newly Enlightened
So I just visited the Led Lenser USA site and in the Q&A they specifically said that they do not send out parts, that the customer can mail the flashlights for warranty repairs.......

WHAATT???!!!!! Are they MAD?!!!:scowl::mad::mad::mad::mad::thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow

From now on Led Lensers do not exist for me. I will not look at them. I will not think of them. I will put the words Led Lenser in the list of blocked words and associated web pages in my Firewall so that I would never see another Led Lenser flashlight online again. I will not speak of them. I was going to buy an X21 now I will buy an Olight SR90 instead. I have 9 Led Lenser lights tonight, tomorrow I will have ZERO!!! I'm sinking them in the bay to grow reefs.

Hey Everybody!!! I'm selling 9 doorstops with batteries.

kts

Enlightened
Just send them the light, explain what happened, maybe they will repair it for you or send you another light.

It also sounds weird that it would break on its own..maybe someone dropped it and didnt tell you that they smashed the light...

I have a L5 in my car and the plastic seems pretty solid, cant imagine it would just break on its own, its 3-4mm thick!

Last edited:

Mr5un

Newly Enlightened
sorry to hear about ur light.
i just bought 2 L7's,
damn
now really regret :(

Latest posts