Single AA LED Light?

A96Honda

Newly Enlightened
I gave my grandpa an EagleTac AA light a few years ago for christmas. Apparently he loves it a lot and uses it at work. He says it's compact yet big enough to be comfortable. Super bright. Anyways I found out it no longer switches between brightness. I guess the contacts on the twist is worn out.

What's a good replacement for a single AA?

speedsix

Enlightened
I have the Klarus P1A which similar to the Jetbeam BA10. Great light for $30-40 depending on where you get it.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Could it be so that the batteries are low and it runs in low all the time?
Check the light with fresh batteries if you (or your grandpa) haven't.
And clean the threads and tighten everything.

Lumenato

Newly Enlightened
If you want a cheap AA light, i suggest getting an itp A2. It's about $20-25 and it has 3 modes accessed by rotating the head. If you want a thrower AA, i suggest getting an SA1 Eluma ($35-39) that has 3 modes and one flashy and also has a ramping with mode memory, which is very neato.

OR get a xeno E03, which many people have been liking recently, which has got an xml led (much flooodier)

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened
I just got my mom a flood to throw romisen from shiningbeam. It didn't come in yet.

Danielight

Enlightened
Got my daughter a Jetbeam BA10 for Christmas (I'm more excited about that than she is!). At the same time, I ordered my self a BC10, which runs on a single cr123a, and is proving to be a great little EDC. If the BA10 is anything like my BC10 (which it should be), then I could also recommend the BA10 as a decent AA flashlight.